HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

2010 Kit

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
on: 28 Sep 2009, 12:27:28 pm
I believe the club are not renewing Billy Rudd's contract, and will themselves be the Official Supplier for the 2010 season

Since Billy took over the reins and providde the Club Gear, the profile of the club in the area had been tremendous. You cant go anywhere these days without seeing someone wearing the Haven Gear.

I hope the club are going to be Pro Active like Billy has been and making sure there is plenty of kit for the fans.

I remember life before Billy, when the kit was always in short supply and been sold out of boxes from the office.

Its a Well Done to Billy for all his work, and I hope the club can continue his good work.

HW

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2009, 02:00:55 pm
i believe the season coming up 2010 will be billys last the 2011 season will be when the club takes over, as 2010 is the year billys contract was up for renewal

Offline HeyJathon

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2009, 02:25:29 pm
Top marra is Billy, however makes sense from a commercial perspective selling apparel directly from the club!
Eagles sore but weasels don't get caught in jet engines!

Offline Norm Deplume

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2009, 04:57:31 pm
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (like you need an invitation) but as I understand it the club currently doesn't make any money at all out of the shirts and haven-wear you see people wearing all over the county.

If i remember rightly he paid them a sum up-front at a time, under a previous regime, when they needed a cash injection pronto -- and as a result owned the rights to the merchendise for a number of years.

At the time it was a great thing for him to do for the club -- if they'd gone into administration he could have been left with nothing -- but it will have represented a very lucrative gamble for him which has paid off.

Perhaps there is room for the club and Billy to work together, so that he still sells all the stuff and makes his share, but with the club now in a much better barganining position they should be able to do much better from the deal?

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2009, 06:29:01 pm
I believe the club are not renewing Billy Rudd's contract, and will themselves be the Official Supplier for the 2010 season

Since Billy took over the reins and providde the Club Gear, the profile of the club in the area had been tremendous. You cant go anywhere these days without seeing someone wearing the Haven Gear.

I hope the club are going to be Pro Active like Billy has been and making sure there is plenty of kit for the fans.

I remember life before Billy, when the kit was always in short supply and been sold out of boxes from the office.

Its a Well Done to Billy for all his work, and I hope the club can continue his good work.

HW

Agree with the comments. I hope that our general manager can resource this new venture as it will need to be a 5 day per week role at minimum.

Will be interesting this one
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2009, 10:22:43 pm
 :witch:a long time ago the haven kit was supplied by the club.in October when asked when it would be in it was going to be November.then December,then Christmas.we eventually got it in February.then billy took over.we got kit on time and good quality.then the CLUB stabbed him in the back and gave the contract to the WIGAN fans who ran the shop in king street.then they went bust and once  again he stepped into the breach.he then supplied a fine range of merchandise over many years.now the new set of directors who seem to be bleeding the community spirit out of the club have taken the kit for themselves.

this may be fine but since a Mr f.story has became involved the club has became a business and not a community club.

you may think i am wrong but think of this

1. an oap going to his usual ticket booth and being told to Que behind the 50 people queuing in the portacabin Que because the club cannot trust the people on the turnstiles.

2.one of the last home games when it started to chuck it down i went to the kells end and saw an old gentelman with two sticks chased away from the nearest entrance to the kell end to the entrance in the middle.he got soaked.

3 since a Mr f storey sunk his tentacles into this club the stewards have a rather brown shirted view of the supporters which i find to rather unbecoming of the club and the supporters and its traditions.

4 season ticket NO..shirt for kids NO TIMES TW0.fathers day present NO.home and away for me NO.dads birthday NO.dads Christmas NO.my Christmas NO.

THIS IS THE LAST STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK. THIS IS MY FINISH I WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT A BOARD THAT BIG'S IT SELF UP(HAVE YOU SEEN THE CIGAR)BUT LEAVES OUR COACH WITH NO MONEY AND CUTS WAGES TO THE PLAYERS.WE ARE A COMMUNITY CLUB BUT IT IS BEING STOLEN FROM US BY A BOARD THAT IS NOT FROM THE COMMUNITY AND IS ONLY CONCERNED IN THE STADIUM CONCEPT.

WHEN I WAS 15 WHITEHAVEN AND THE POW BECK PROCECT WAS ON GOING THEN :witch:NOTHING HAS CHANGED AND WILL NEVER WILL.

ALL WE HAVE IS THE TEAM :bow:FOR YEARS THEY HAVE PUNCHED ABOVE THEIR WEIGHT WITH VERY LITTLE THANKS.STADIUM   NO.THE BEST SEMI-AMATEUR TEAM IN THE COUNTRY OH YES :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline Haven Bright Spark

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2009, 04:41:16 am
I think Billy has done an absolute fantastic job and i'm sure that the current BOD are aware of this and aslo thankfull for his efforts in the past.  The stark reality of the situation is that Whitehaven RLFC is a business, an extremely non-profitable business that needs balanced books and a consistant cash flow to allow business operations to continue.  By allowing a 3rd party to supply all of the merchandise and not give any share to the club does not make good business sense. 
I personally believe that if the club was to sell the rights to another 3rd party outfitter then they could reap the rewards in the SHORT TERM and who know sign a couple of big names next season then be stuck with lack of consistant revenue for the rest of the time the contract runs. 
By selling the merchandise themselves they are taking on a large task which will jhave to be professionally run (not cardboard boxes and damp offices) but it shows a commitment to the long term financial future of the club.  By having the constant cash flow that merchandise brings to the club ALL YEAR ROUND they will be in a more healthy financial position and that can only be good for the club.
I am sorry is this post is dis-respectful to billy and the service he has given the club, that is not my intention but I feel that people are looking at this situation with their hearts and not their heads.  Business is exactly that.
The only stupid question is the one never asked!

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2009, 06:23:44 pm
I agree this current regime is not acting as a community club should, former directors are supporting and working to ensure Howard Hills testimonial is a great succes, the same individuals are also giving Karl Edmondson small momentos of his time at the club, what are our current directors and officials doing in relationship very little that I am aware of, the community ethos as definitely being ignored.
Billy Rudd, as been a great supporter and benefactor to the club for many years, his agreement to supply supporters kit was based on a contract by paying the club ex thousands pounds for a 2-3 year period both the club and Billy benefitted from this arrangement, now the small local buisness man is being squeezed out merely because our Board wants all the profit, it is not the way that our club should treat its long standing friends.

Ive said it many times on here.. We need Rugby people on the board as well as businessmen.
People who understand and can communicate with the fans ( no stick please !!!!)

As long as the overriding principle is the Pow Beck redevelopment and not the Community Club we once were, then I fear things may get worse before they get better.

Why are ex sponsors now difficult to attract ?( as a starter for ten)

« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2009, 07:00:43 pm by njg4haven »

justonelilpoint

Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2009, 06:52:41 pm
would think they difficult to attract because of the clubs recent history with financial problems and because of the current economic climate ?

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #9 on: 29 Sep 2009, 07:01:04 pm
would think they difficult to attract because of the clubs recent history with financial problems and because of the current economic climate ?

ok apart from them 2 reasons why :D

justonelilpoint

Reply #10 on: 29 Sep 2009, 07:08:23 pm
I dont know marra, Just know this board has been in charge what 6 months ?since March ?
6 months to find their feet how everything is run and are trying get to grips with a huge inherited financial mess.
Some decisions will be right some will be wrong, No one gets it right all the time.
we should be glad we have a club to follow considering the mess that its been last couple seasons

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #11 on: 29 Sep 2009, 08:24:26 pm
Agree with justoneli...the BOD have recognised the need to run the club in a more proffessional way, and now that they are we are getting the moaners jumping in with a new line to be critical of them with ... 'Community Spirit' ..... i can't say I have ever seen much of that 'Community Spirt' at haven...

Moaners input from the past :-

State of the ground
Price of season tickets
Lack of season ticket promotions
No match day additional entertainment
State of the toilets
State of the club house
State of the scoreboard
Past players having to pay for matches
Selling off players
Lack of information
Excessive debts
etc  etc

God help us if we should take a more proffessional approach to running the club and try to put the above things right ... no Community Spirit there then !!!

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 29 Sep 2009, 09:32:30 pm
you just missed one little point off your list.stab the very person in the back who through his financial input has helped keep this club afloat.he has taken risks to put finance into the club.if we had been relegated or played to a lower standard he would have lost money and maybe his business.who now is going to sponser or help the club when they treat loyal fans in such a way.do not forget he came back on board when he had already been shafted by the club.the merchandise offered by billy was top draw,the kiwi 3 polo shirts being really good quality.yes i am moaning.you could have a cracking stadium but with no loyalty,honour,community spirit,supporters,guess what you have got the B****Y CANBERRA CRUSADERS(whoops silly me Celtic). ;D ;D ;D

SO WHAT DO YOU WANT

1. A STADIUM AT ALL COSTS

2. THE BEST CLUB IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

mmm i think i will take the second box   :bow: :bow:

Monte2carlo

Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2009, 06:35:42 am
If Fred Story does to Whitehaven that he did to Carlisle Utd. then we will probably end up in Super league !

As for a winning team or a new stadium. Erm why can't we have both ?

Monte :tip:

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 30 Sep 2009, 09:01:14 am
Monte2carlo, Fred Story is a shrewd business man and I am sure he is not getting involved with Haven out of the kindness of his heart, perhaps he see's a bigger picture, the opportunity for his construction company to build the new stadium, the involvement in the proposed development of Pow Beck, huge contracts if his company can secure them, as they say it may be offering a sprat to catch a mackerel?

couldnt agree more and then when its done what will the likes of staobbarts do who have been long time sponsors of haven, as they should be in with first shout on this

ive said all a long whats the points of a first class staduim with a third rate team, cause thats where i see us heading in years to come if we sell our sould for a new ground

worked wonders for leigh didnt it , first year new ground and relegation and you tell me the 2 are not linked
THE MULLET IS BACK