HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

2010 Kit

justonelilpoint

Reply #15 on: 30 Sep 2009, 10:22:23 am
BKM ...this board have already stated that this will not happen with us.Cath Giel has stated that they will make sure of that .
Lets stop being so negative and wait and see.

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 30 Sep 2009, 10:44:03 am
Take a look at what Fred Story did at the Creighton Rugby Club in Carlisle. Purchased the old ground & clubhouse which were a disgrace, used the land to build houses & built Creighton new facilities, which are probably the best in the County for RU at that level.

Both parties benefit.

Two sons of ex Haven player Micky Rogers are both heavily involved at Creighton, I'm sure they would endorse the above.

Monte2carlo

Reply #17 on: 30 Sep 2009, 11:13:29 am
BKM ...this board have already stated that this will not happen with us.Cath Giel has stated that they will make sure of that .
Lets stop being so negative and wait and see.

But its more fun been negative  :D :D

Monte :tip:

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 30 Sep 2009, 03:03:49 pm
Fred Story is not the answer, Carlisle today announced 800k losses, and some of this is from when FS was in charge, i have said this before, what ever cash he puts in he will take back out.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 30 Sep 2009, 03:30:57 pm
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 30 Sep 2009, 04:32:10 pm

No jam tinted spectacles there Rockerlad then eh.

Stick to worrying about your rat infested shack of a ground and not the county's premier football team.

One vote, it only took one vote, only took one vote, only took one vote.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 30 Sep 2009, 07:01:51 pm

Stick to worrying about your rat infested shack of a ground and not the county's premier football team.

what a claim to fame that is eh? the countys premier football team!!

big WOW!!!!!!!

how can you talk about borough park when brunt end of a dump park is the only ground in the world with a stand that goes past the terrace behind the goal, if you were unfortunate enough to be sitting there you would miss the game............. though in hindsight not a bad thing really!!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 30 Sep 2009, 07:05:56 pm
If Fred Story does to Whitehaven that he did to Carlisle Utd. then we will probably end up in Super league !

As for a winning team or a new stadium. Erm why can't we have both ?

based on which season that carlisle spent in the top flight of english football? :tip:
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #23 on: 30 Sep 2009, 07:17:49 pm
Rudd has made plenty of money in this deal, like has been mentioned every where you go you see a haven top of sorts, even abroad!!! The club realise this and given that we are skint they see a chance to increase income....a no brainer from mke and many others who talk on the pop side. He did (in his defence) step in and take a chance by agreeing his deal and giving Haven a much needed lump sum

As for Story, im pleased he is on board, yes his goal may be the pow beck development long term, but as we know that is a while off yet he is doing his best to increase income as i see it and that for me as a Haven fan can only be a good thing
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 06 Oct 2009, 09:10:22 pm
i think a lot of people in the town believe that billy rudd should get another contract from the club for the merchandise to be sold by himself.   He has done the club a favour in the past and this is how the club are going to repay him.  hes just a business man trying to earn a living.   He cant exactly be raking it in when he has got so much stock left to try to sell for which he has already paid for.  how are the club going to manage to sell it?  order 20 - 30 tops per week and see how they go?   Theyre getting more desperate for money by the day it seems.   How many people have put their names down for season tickets?  i bet we never find out how many were sold and therefore the club has all the right to charge the upper limit price and with deposits already put down its going to leave a few sad and angry faces

Monte2carlo

Reply #25 on: 07 Oct 2009, 07:16:11 am
If Fred Story does to Whitehaven that he did to Carlisle Utd. then we will probably end up in Super league !

As for a winning team or a new stadium. Erm why can't we have both ?

based on which season that carlisle spent in the top flight of english football? :tip:

Now then big fella the money he spent or loaned on getting Carlisle into div 3 would be more than enough to fund a SL side

Monte

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 07 Oct 2009, 04:59:28 pm

And brunton park is the best ground in league one eh. It is an absolute Joke of a ground for the standard carlisle are playing at.

Any how, Barrow are more of a rival than carlisle to me as i was not around when reds and carlisle played in the same divison.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Rodderz

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 08 Oct 2009, 08:29:07 pm
I think Billy Rudd should continue to supply the merchandise for the club and also be made a Director.
He may have done well having the contract but gave the club cash up front when most needed.