HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town v Haven

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 11 Feb 2007, 05:46:39 pm
Great  effort  from  the  lads.  Always  in  control  of  a  game  littered  with  penalties.  Great  try  from  McCavoy (Scott),  what a  prospect !!!.

2nd  half  was  almost  a  rout.  Duffy  went  in  for  a  good  try  but  Sicey's  1st,  he  must  have  gone  through  half  the  Town  side  to  score.  Only  slight  downside  was  we  let  them  in  for  2  very  soft  tries  late  on.  1  infact  was from  the  play  the  ball  a  yard  out.  Also  noticed  Duffy  leaving  the  field  in  what  looked  like  a  shoulder  injury  with  seconds  left.

Gotta  say  though  all  the  players  looked  vey  fit  and  with  several  to  come  back  into  contention  its  looking  like  another  good  year  ahead.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2007, 06:15:36 pm
Great perfomance from haven 2day although our view was a bit obstructed by the donkey that was stood right in front of us lol i thought that duffy and rudd were great together mcovy was also very good aswell well done haven great perfomance  :D ;D

worky worky i belive ur gonna get relegated from the leauge its 44 to the haven and 18 to the worky :) :)
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2007, 06:34:57 pm
we were far to classy for town they never had a chance i thought there tries were from our mistakes and we let in very easily but duffy and sicey are class act i dont think we were even playing good rugby like we know we can but we still hammerd em so on that showing town will struggle in nl2 this year but i thought they couldnt handle any of our players so when they no they have lost they start trouble dont they lol

whats crack wid rob jackson dosent seem to be firing on all cylinders these days hope he picks up soon class player when totally fit

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2007, 06:40:08 pm
Yeh Haven had a smashing game with Rudd, Duffy, Mcavoy well i could name them all lol . Its looking good for Haven i think , that donkey was getting in my way to fluffy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 What was going on after the match ? and what was the attendence ?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2007, 06:53:41 pm
attendance was 2,363

only downside was today was the defending thought it was pretty poor attack was good but the ref was getting on my tits if he let the game flow we would have put 60 plus on em wid out a dought we look fit now just sort the damn defence out too many silly tries conceded and calvert what was he doing when he jumped for the ball in the corner he was miles off it but he did have a better game hes starting to run the ball forward now which is doing him good in my eyes

Offline 25yarder

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2007, 09:01:18 pm
Duffy's injury looked at first to be shoulder by  the way he walked off, but once off the field the treatment was to his head/face.  Any news??