HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

2ND Set of answers?

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
on: 28 Jun 2010, 08:27:34 pm
Now we have our forum restored does anyone have any idea when we can expect to see the remaining questions and answers from the meeting with the board?
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2010, 03:12:51 pm
Now we have our forum restored does anyone have any idea when we can expect to see the remaining questions and answers from the meeting with the board?

Is there any point? It was that long ago and clearly the meeting achieved nothing so why not just forget it.

Offline karlconnor

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2010, 11:28:07 pm
Not sure you'll ever see them -- the meeting was taped and the minutes transcribed with kind permission from the BOD, so that everyone could get the chance to hear what was said, even if they couldn't attend.

The one rule was that when the tape was transcribed they'd get the chance to review the minutes in case there was anything commercially sensitive included. I typed up the first lot and passed them on to fans reps as agreed, but they were then published in full without the board having a chance to see them.

This led to major embarrassment for me personally and for the directors present.

How can we demand openness from the BOD and then not show them the respect that comes with it when they are honest, frank and open with us?

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 04 Jul 2010, 04:08:33 pm
Why is it up to you to decide who gets to see the answers - you were there ONLY to transcribe the meeting, not to control them and decide is we should be allowed to see the session in print.

« Last Edit: 04 Jul 2010, 04:41:56 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 04 Jul 2010, 04:59:48 pm
the meeting has been a total waste of time they also said in it that we would have a monthly meeting ???
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 04 Jul 2010, 05:08:39 pm
Why is it up to you to decide who gets to see the answers - you were there ONLY to transcribe the meeting, not to control them and decide is we should be allowed to see the session in print.

What is so hard to understand, the meeting went ahead, the minutes were taken. It was agreed that once transcribed the Minutes Would Be Approved by the club. The first half were issued without the APPROVAL!

So that is why there is a PROBLEM!

And also KC got a bit waylaid working on other Tragic Happenings, a lot more important that RL.

HW

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 04 Jul 2010, 06:00:44 pm
I agree with earlier comments. The meeting has acheived very little and due to the length of time in getting the 2nd set of answers published I don't think anyone is really that bothered.

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 04 Jul 2010, 07:01:07 pm
It was me who put them out and they were sent to the club at the same time as they went out, they didnt have to be approved that was a courtesy not a rule and if they didnt want anyone to know anything why say it in an open forum. Karl i am puzzled why you are embarrassed all you had to do was point them in my direction you were there on our behalf not the clubs and it is not your decision who see's them and who doesnt.

A dissappointed Gaz

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 04 Jul 2010, 07:36:48 pm

I have to be careful what I say here as I have been warned by mrs 'censorship' haven warrior that jam verging on a ban on this subject. As far as I'm aware Karl Connor works for sellafield aka Nmp. The same company as Llwr drigg who mr razz allegedly runs. Draw your own conclusions.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 04 Jul 2010, 10:04:25 pm
Reg , Karl does not work for NMP you really should get your fact correct before posting >

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #10 on: 04 Jul 2010, 11:18:31 pm

I have to be careful what I say here as I have been warned by mrs 'censorship' haven warrior that jam verging on a ban on this subject. As far as I'm aware Karl Connor works for sellafield aka Nmp. The same company as Llwr drigg who mr razz allegedly runs. Draw your own conclusions.

Reg, as you made your warning public, I shall correct you in your assumption I have censored your posts.

Your warning was for an extremely vitriolic personal attack on another member and further infringements of the same vane will not go unpunished - that and that alone is the reason you were asked to leave off the personal abuse.

Even in your post I have quoted, you are getting personal - I have let that one go!

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline karlconnor

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 05 Jul 2010, 07:49:35 am
Kiss the Snake is quite right -- I don't work for NMP. For the record neither does Dick Razz.

The reason it was embarrassing for me personally was because I was there, as you rightly say Gaz, to represent the fans groups and record the meeting. Courtesy or not I was also there when Keith Nelson, Tim Knowles and Dick Razz were told that they'd get to see what was being published before it was sent to the wider groups of fans. 

Therefore it is only natural that when the transcript of the meeting appears online without them seeing it they would be unhappy -- and again only natural that they'd wonder why I'd typed them up and sent them to people without copying them in, when I have both Tim and Dick's email addresses and have reasonably regular contact with both.

I couldn't care less who gets to see the minutes and who doesn't, and as you and Reg rightly say, its not for me to decide.

What is for me to decide is whether or not I want to be linked with what could be seen as a stitch up of the BOD and I don't, so I'm having nothing more to do with it.

Can you imagine the backlash if one of them had taped a meeting with the fans and offered to share it with group reps before publishing, then published it anyway and just said; "well it was only a courtesy,"? Members of this and other forums would be furious.

If I can work out how to I'll save a copy of the meeting as a file from the machine and email it on so you can type it up yourselves if you want.... but I'm not getting involved in typing up anything else that is going to cause trouble -- Haven needs all its fans, officials and players pulling in the same direction, the next five games will have a serious impact on the clubs future, possibly even its survival, and once again we are squabbling over he said/she said.

KC

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 05 Jul 2010, 10:50:00 am
Well said ..........

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 05 Jul 2010, 01:55:46 pm
I wasnt hiding anything but now with what you are saying it feels like they are. I have spoken to everyone of the people you have mentioned earlier face to face since the meeting and not one of them have said they were unhappy so why do you assume that they are.
If they are unhappy about it they all have my number/email address all they have to do is say and i will gladly speak to them about it.
I also dont see where the stitch up is it was a public forum and what was said has been put out to the public, nothing more nothing less only what they said, like i said before if they didnt want it going to the public dont mention it.

And Karl if you can get it onto the computer send it to me and i will type it up and put the rest of it out

Cheers Gaz
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2010, 02:02:54 pm by Haven till I Die »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 05 Jul 2010, 06:27:43 pm
I think you've done agreat job gaz and I honestly wouldn't worry about what people think.  I'm sure many have gone past the point of caring anymore after the horrendous season we've had.

What's needed is we all get behind the side for the last 5 games and maybe even pray for devine help that will keep us in our rightful place.

Amen