HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

"State of the Nation"

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 03 Sep 2010, 11:40:03 pm
We as a club have gone through hell this year.   We have all made mistakes whether its a player not preparing properly or giving their all, a coach picking the wrong team or tactics , a driector saying the wrong thing, a supporter not getting behind the team on match days or  by staying away or even  someone on here (including me ) saying things they regret.

We are where we are; and each one of us who cares about WRLFC has contributed to the current situation. 

As JOLP, Karl FLannnerz, Des or Mrs DR  and and many others have said now is the time to look forward and focus on what lays ahead and not rehash  "ALL OUR" mistakes that have gone before.  We all share one thing in common a passion for WRLFC.

It is now time to get behined DR - lets not foregt that this is a bloke who 3- 4 years ago had never heard of RL ..yet he was first willing to sponsor the club and attend mattches, he was then willing to step in to help run the club (as well as his main job) he was then willing to invest substantial amounts of his own money in a club he did not even have shares in;  and now he is still prepared to invest more of his own money to buy the club out of admin..now corrct me if i am wrong but there are a hell of a lot of long term fans who  havent come close to this sort of comitment.?

We are in a hole but I also think we struck lucky having DR come a long and have faith in our club in what is probably our lowest moment in our history.  Sure he has made mistakes, but hell who hasnt , his have perhaps even been more expensive to him personally than yours and mine have ever been.

I will say this though we have never had an individual invest in our club before and we have never had someone who can secure the corporate backing like DR can and he cares about the future of the club. 

I would love the supporters to eventually own the club, people like Des , Shep, RB, BR  DF were in there own way the first supportters to run a sporting club.  No formal mandate, no great personel wealth .... but blokes like you and me with WRLFC at their core wanting the club to be succesful.  It may happen again in the future and there is a role for people like that in the new set up FLannerz , JOLP Des RB RB, Barry , and Dave Farrel are paramount to the the "new" clubs succeding... sponsorship. matchday experience, fans feeling welcome, community club ..these blokes have written the book and must be invloved.

Lets all pull together and make this the start of something special .. Seeed's as coach, perhaps with the help of LJ and Fats and CW.  A young talented team, no debts,all in the club drawing on all the help and experience that is available, a single united supportters group raising funds , a real chance of a new stadium - which will really change all our thinking (SL seems impossible now but with the right facilities - we have def got the talent in west cumbria)   

Theres is a hell of a lot to be positive about we have all just got to make it happen...."collectively"     
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2010, 11:55:07 pm by Boxer »

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2010, 07:52:15 am
We as a club have gone through hell this year.   We have all made mistakes whether its a player not preparing properly or giving their all, a coach picking the wrong team or tactics , a driector saying the wrong thing, a supporter not getting behind the team on match days or  by staying away or even  someone on here (including me ) saying things they regret.

We are where we are; and each one of us who cares about WRLFC has contributed to the current situation. 

As JOLP, Karl FLannnerz, Des or Mrs DR  and and many others have said now is the time to look forward and focus on what lays ahead and not rehash  "ALL OUR" mistakes that have gone before.  We all share one thing in common a passion for WRLFC.

It is now time to get behined DR - lets not foregt that this is a bloke who 3- 4 years ago had never heard of RL ..yet he was first willing to sponsor the club and attend mattches, he was then willing to step in to help run the club (as well as his main job) he was then willing to invest substantial amounts of his own money in a club he did not even have shares in;  and now he is still prepared to invest more of his own money to buy the club out of admin..now corrct me if i am wrong but there are a hell of a lot of long term fans who  havent come close to this sort of comitment.?

We are in a hole but I also think we struck lucky having DR come a long and have faith in our club in what is probably our lowest moment in our history.  Sure he has made mistakes, but hell who hasnt , his have perhaps even been more expensive to him personally than yours and mine have ever been.

I will say this though we have never had an individual invest in our club before and we have never had someone who can secure the corporate backing like DR can and he cares about the future of the club. 

I would love the supporters to eventually own the club, people like Des , Shep, RB, BR  DF were in there own way the first supportters to run a sporting club.  No formal mandate, no great personel wealth .... but blokes like you and me with WRLFC at their core wanting the club to be succesful.  It may happen again in the future and there is a role for people like that in the new set up FLannerz , JOLP Des RB RB, Barry , and Dave Farrel are paramount to the the "new" clubs succeding... sponsorship. matchday experience, fans feeling welcome, community club ..these blokes have written the book and must be invloved.

Lets all pull together and make this the start of something special .. Seeed's as coach, perhaps with the help of LJ and Fats and CW.  A young talented team, no debts,all in the club drawing on all the help and experience that is available, a single united supportters group raising funds , a real chance of a new stadium - which will really change all our thinking (SL seems impossible now but with the right facilities - we have def got the talent in west cumbria)   

Theres is a hell of a lot to be positive about we have all just got to make it happen...."collectively"   
Here Here, excellent post Boxer  :bow:

ca28

Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2010, 09:16:32 am
Great post.

However wasn't it Barry Richardson who gave out the players contracts that brought us to collapse. He reminds me of what Kevan George did at Workington.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2010, 09:33:40 am
Great post.

However wasn't it Barry Richardson who gave out the players contracts that brought us to collapse. He reminds me of what Kevan George did at Workington.
All history, its the future thats important now.
1st aim to to get a united suport group all doing things to raise monies, the BOD and trust steering group have said that this needs to happen.
The members of each SG are now required to agree to this if we want real involvement in the running of the club.
Anyone not on board with this with have no avenue to have a say on what happens.
Heres to a brighter future, with strength on depth both on and off the field.

I suggessted to the trust steering group that at todays meeting with the prospective BOD, that the trust are given accountability of match day hospitality, merchandise and a youth section which would need to be formed. a comms officer would help for future relationships between fans and directors

The BOD and employees would have the say of team affairs, club Lottery, JJ bar and day to day business etc.

If the supporters are united under the new trust then the strength of the trust would make us a viable unit to have a real say in club matters, and the BOD would be unable to ignore the strength of the trust.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline HAVENLIFER

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 04 Sep 2010, 04:15:11 pm
CA28 please get your facts right before you make accusations like that  !!!