HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New B.O.D Revealed

Davey · 70 · 1780

Offline Davey

• Academy Star
on: 05 Oct 2010, 04:58:32 pm
Dick Raaz will continue in the role of chairman & is joined by trawler owner & property developer Ralph Calvin and accountant Michael Woods.

The rest of the board is set to comprise of Paul Nelson, local builder Ian Harvey & Gary Blinco, fan and appointee of Mrs JD Raaz.

http://twitter.com/bbccumbriasport

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2010, 05:26:53 pm
Not sure what the crack is here. I will keep my fool mouth shut until someone tells me whether this is a good or bad development. :)

But why are we still dependent on information from the BBCRC Twitter site? It was fun at first but is now starting to appear a bit ludicrous.....
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline Davey

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2010, 05:30:48 pm
Really unsure to why BBC Cumbria Sport Twitter is the source of all of our information.

Like yourself, Harbouragrude - Im unsure what to say or make of the new appointments as of yet.

I do however wish the guys the best of luck in there new roles.

Offline JUKE

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2010, 05:35:28 pm
Welcome aboard the good ship Haven it's just been through rocky sea but we now seem to be getting everything sorted next a strong team to get us there.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2010, 05:51:09 pm
2 ex-directors are reported to be rejoining the BOD  having got VST
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2010, 06:21:22 pm
Dick Raaz will continue in the role of chairman & is joined by trawler owner & property developer Ralph Calvin and accountant Michael Woods.

The rest of the board is set to comprise of Paul Nelson, local builder Ian Harvey & Gary Blinco, fan and appointee of Mrs JD Raaz.

Okay then, seeing as no-one else has asked:

Excuse my ignorance but is Gary Blinco a representative of the Supporters Trust, or is he from a separate grouping of fans?
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2010, 06:38:07 pm

Excuse my ignorance but is Gary Blinco a representative of the Supporters Trust, or is he from a separate grouping of fans?

As the Supporters Trust still doesnt exist, its just in the process of been set up, that maybe answers your question.

But Gary is the appointee of Mrs JD Raaz

HW

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2010, 06:39:29 pm
what the hell has paul nelson got to do with wrlfc 2010 unbelievable :shake:
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 05 Oct 2010, 06:44:08 pm

As the Supporters Trust still doesnt exist, its just in the process of been set up, that maybe answers your question.

But Gary is the appointee of Mrs JD Raaz

HW

You know what I mean, HW!  :)

Is he part of the steering group? (But yes, I think I do know the answer....)

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 05 Oct 2010, 06:53:27 pm

VST??

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 05 Oct 2010, 06:55:55 pm

VST??

Yeah, Seallafield lingo. I wish people would realise that not everyone in Cumbria works........ "on-site".

But Voluntary Severence Terms (?) i.e. paid off!

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 05 Oct 2010, 08:02:29 pm
I am happy with that bigger bod which was needed and a fans rep.  All good to o - full steam a head with the pow beck development and put these rediculous ideas of a west cumbria team in allerdale to bed.

SL is possible with a new stadium.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 05 Oct 2010, 08:05:31 pm
I am happy with that bigger bod which was needed and a fans rep.  All good to o - full steam a head with the pow beck development and put these rediculous ideas of a west cumbria team in allerdale to bed.

You need more than a new stadium boxer, i think you have rose tinted glasses on if you think Haven will ever get into super league, it would be nice but i just wont happen
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 05 Oct 2010, 08:05:46 pm

....and pigs will fly once they sort that problem with the lack of wings.......

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #14 on: 05 Oct 2010, 08:19:36 pm
Really unsure to why BBC Cumbria Sport Twitter is the source of all of our information.

Like yourself, Harbouragrude - Im unsure what to say or make of the new appointments as of yet.

I do however wish the guys the best of luck in there new roles.

I would guess that Dick is using John Cox via BBRC as the outlet of club information. At least we are getting updates now.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA