HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

donkeys arrogance

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 20 Oct 2010, 06:59:59 pm
oh but we have birdbrain its called the ike southward trophy remember it oh no you dont you,ve never seen it :D :D :D :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Town88

• Academy Signing
  • GOING DOWN! GOING DOWN! GOING DOWN!
Reply #16 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:11:44 pm
personal attacks on other posters will not be tollerated, this is your one and only warning !!!

« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2010, 12:00:25 pm by IceMan »

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:13:14 pm
Around 2004 (or was it 2005) we actually brought quite a good crowd through to the Rec only to find out that our coach at that time, I think you remember him - GS, put out a reserve team and most of the Town fans walked out at half-time in disgust.     Some of those people never ever went back to supporting Town.    However, it is all swings and roundabouts as in the 90's the whole of the popular side was always full of Town fans.   You'd be too young to remember then though haven94.   ;) ;) ;)
The distance between Haven and Town is 9 miles.  That must be one of the closest derby games in the sport - the equiveland of Barrow v Ulverston.  Why don't damned near 100% of Haven/Town fans travel to the away fixture ?  If Barrow were playing Ulverston there'd be 1,500+ travelling.

Not a criticism, just an observation.  The same could be said for a fair few Yarkshire derbies as well.

You don't know how lucky you are to have extra 'home' games !!
haven fans always give town a good gate and go in there clubhouse which cant be said for town over the last few years :nod: :nod: :nod:

Only over the last 7 years haven94 before that some didn't know the road past the Pelican Garage.  :D
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:14:26 pm
oh but we have birdbrain its called the ike southward trophy remember it oh no you dont you,ve never seen it :D :D :D :D

You forgot to mention that other important trophy choccy - the Seat Cup.   You still have that don't you?  ;)

Offline Town88

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:16:32 pm
Dont they belong to the now extinct whitehaven rlfc?
Whitehaven (2010) havn`t won a thing pal!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:19:10 pm
so that means workington town of the post 97 era have won nowt . does that mean you will stop banging on about the challange cup you won when Noah was a lad :D :D
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:21:48 pm
so that means workington town of the post 97 era have won nowt . does that mean you will stop banging on about the challange cup you won when Noah was a lad :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:24:32 pm
I think these town fans buzzing around like wasps on this forum is down to a  growing realisation among the Town fans that Haven have risen from the ashes essentially retaining their squad , debt free , looking to add some quality players and have now announced major sponsorship deal in excess of last years figure by over 10%.

We will ...come March have a far better squad /  team than Town, bigger crowds and a far bigger income...in other words normaility will be returned to RL in west Cumbria.

Offline Town88

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:27:02 pm
Learn your history pal we didn`t start a new club! we entered administration then came out of it!!!! ;)

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #24 on: 20 Oct 2010, 07:29:43 pm

so that means workington town of the post 97 era have won nowt .

No.    Town went into administration followed by a Creditors Voluntary Agreement and came out of it with the same company still in tact not a new club, so whether you want to laugh or not we still have the history that you and others made such a song and dance about 12 months or so ago about Haven's history.  :nod: :nod: :nod:

ca28

Reply #25 on: 20 Oct 2010, 09:03:54 pm
Apart from Keith were have all these plastic Town fans been for the last ten odd years ?

They sign a few of our players and get all giddy. Well my jam munching friends judgemnet day for you lot will be starting on Boxing day.

However I would love to see both teams getting promoted

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 20 Oct 2010, 09:18:55 pm
ts all the e numbers they are putting in the jam these days and as we know bucket loads of it head for workington ;D :D :D :D

ca28

Reply #27 on: 20 Oct 2010, 09:33:14 pm
I heard there was nearly a riot in Asda on Northside when they sold out of the jam. They'll be letters in this weeks times and star to complain

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #28 on: 21 Oct 2010, 12:56:17 am
did town not once get 25000 to sign a petition ? where are they ha ha blue and white and full of sh-te workington ------------------ :D as for haven winning nothing 2005 ring any bells
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 21 Oct 2010, 07:43:24 am
did town not once get 25000 to sign a petition ? where are they ha ha blue and white and full of sh-te workington ------------------ :D as for haven winning nothing 2005 ring any bells
greame lad it was the same name over and over again apparently a numpty a southfield school got lines he had to write his name the teacher put it down at the top of the page for him and he copied it 25,000 times :D :D :D