HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

James Child

JUKE · 15 · 935

Offline JUKE

• Academy Signing
on: 13 Feb 2011, 11:54:29 am
I never thought id say it but good on you Stevo your exactly spot on Childs is out of his depth

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2011, 12:17:28 pm
I never thought id say it but good on you Stevo your exactly spot on Childs is out of his depth
cas v wakey 37 pens
haven v town 32 pens
the guys a joke >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
born and bred haven.

Online Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2011, 01:03:32 pm
he is only followig guide lines set by rugby league , players need to sort it not the refs
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2011, 02:13:56 pm
Rubbish. He needs to apply common sense as well as the new guidelines. He seems to let teams away with striking and high tackles whilst penalising teams for more technical infringements and inconsistently at that.

James Childs needs to go back to school.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2011, 03:18:07 pm
Thats the problem a lot of these young refs don't no how to use common sense, its by the book and nothing else,

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2011, 04:50:16 pm
Rubbish. He needs to apply common sense as well as the new guidelines. He seems to let teams away with striking and high tackles whilst penalising teams for more technical infringements and inconsistently at that.

James Childs needs to go back to school.
exactly look at phil bentham common sense letting the game flow
born and bred haven.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2011, 10:08:40 pm
You only have to watch some of them, (most of them), on Sky, they seem very adept at picking up some obscure technical detail to penalise time and again or some minor infringement, but almost every time there is a try scored, they can't then see what went on and call in the video ref.

I would like to see the tackling and PTB sorted out, but when they can't do it consistently throughout the game then they spoil it for one or both sets of supporters and then they ruin the game.

Penalise the obvious PTB / tackling infringements ..... fine, but don't go to the FEoaF just for the sake of it.

Going back to my Sky comment above, where camera are not available, (Championship etc) suddenly refs are capable of making decisions on trys...........very odd.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2011, 11:13:34 pm
Problem is the likes of Childs has probably never played the game before. Had he a few seasons under his belt as a player he might be a bit more sympathetic when it comes to many of his decisions :(

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2011, 08:19:51 pm
After his performance at the weekend i think he will be having a few days at red hall going throw videos with Mr Cummings

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 16 Feb 2011, 01:48:14 pm
The big problem is if he gets demoted we may end up with him back at the Rec  :witch:

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 16 Feb 2011, 03:15:57 pm
Rugby league is a game where a referee, if he so desires could penalise a side every tackle if he wished. They should really try and use a bit of common sense. Its alright laying down rules and regulations and saying we're clamping down on such and such this season but come on its getting out of hand and to be honest isn't Child just doing what he's told (and yes that will be the fist child doing as he's told  :D). Somebody has to give the refs a bit of leeway and let them ref as they see fit not shackle them.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:04:30 pm
 :D :D :D :D classic rec

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 16 Feb 2011, 04:24:51 pm
After his performance at the weekend i think he will be having a few days at red hall going throw videos with Mr Cummings

Ian Smith is the referees gaffer

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 17 Feb 2011, 11:10:48 am

Ian Smith is the referees gaffer

What does Stuart Cumming do then. Is he still involed with the refereeing side of things ??

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2011, 12:42:15 pm
What does Stuart Cumming do then. Is he still involed with the refereeing side of things ??

Cummings is in overall charge of all match officials then underneath him Smith looks after the Refs and Tony Brown looks after the Touch Judges.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!