HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Spare Cash?

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
on: 05 Mar 2007, 02:09:06 pm
Just been thinking, surely the wage that Fletcher is being paid will be the money originally allocated to Leafa.

Now that Baynes has been released, will the money saved, i.e. his wages be allocated to another player if DR can get the right person in, or will the money be put towards the railway-end stand???

Things have gone worryingly quiet regarding the stand,which after all is our passport to Super League if the lads do well on the pitch.

Time for an update BOD.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 05 Mar 2007, 05:00:03 pm
A very good question

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2007, 05:00:51 pm
 Would Baynes not have got some cash so that his contract would be mutually terminated? In football this happens.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2007, 05:03:42 pm
I am not sure whether he should have some cash since he didnt keep to his side of the contract as agreed? He let everybody down?

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2007, 05:39:15 pm
I think baynes would have been happier with a few pies never mind money lol save us a few bob lol

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2007, 06:16:31 pm
 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2007, 06:19:10 pm
Just been thinking, surely the wage that Fletcher is being paid will be the money originally allocated to Leafa.

Now that Baynes has been released, will the money saved, i.e. his wages be allocated to another player if DR can get the right person in, or will the money be put towards the railway-end stand???

Things have gone worryingly quiet regarding the stand,which after all is our passport to Super League if the lads do well on the pitch.

Time for an update BOD.

fletcher is a hell of a lot better than leafe so im very pleased and fletcher ehes proven at sl level leafe not really so its a plus for us and the money hes getting paid at the moment hes worth every penny  imo

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2007, 06:24:23 pm
He  should  have  gone  to  Unsworth's  in  Gosforth.  There  cracking  pies.  Pastry  is  1st  class  but  when  you  bite  into  it  you  can  actually  taste  the  chunks  of  meat  unlike  other  pies.  I  would  recommend  Steak  &  Kidney  but  the  Meat  and  Potatoe  ones  aren't  bad either.

They  also  do  a  selection  of cream  cakes  to  finish  off...........Bainsey  would  have  loved  that..........

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2007, 11:55:23 pm
Would Baynes not have got some cash so that his contract would be mutually terminated? In football this happens.
depends as it say in the paper his contract was cut up due to his new job! is this a cover as he was to unfit? if he cant make it through his own fault would we have to pay him anything?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 06 Mar 2007, 08:36:06 am
depends as it say in the paper his contract was cut up due to his new job! is this a cover as he was to unfit? if he cant make it through his own fault would we have to pay him anything?

Personally  I  don't  believe  for  1  minute  weve  got  shot  of  him   due  to  work  reasons.  I  think  they've  used  this  as  an  excuse  so  some  other  club  will  take  him  on  and  so  release  him  from  his  contract  with  us.

If  the  real  truth  came  out  that  he's  piled  on  weight  and  was  always  injured  many  clubs  wouldn't  be  interested.