HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Attendances

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
on: 22 Aug 2011, 08:33:24 pm
Been looking back over the league attendances and it makes you think that the future for both Have and Town is bleak but Town look to be really up against the great god APATHY.

Haven,s average is 863 and Town's is 578

Take away the derby crowds and we're left with 777 now that's bad enough but town are left with 451!!

the totals are 8,516 and 5303. I can remember that being the attendance for one match not that long ago.

where do we go from here?
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2011, 08:43:25 pm
Down to the lake I fear  :D

seriously Town have been in this rubbish division for a few seasons now that is why their crowds have dropped off. If we dont get out of it then I think our numbers next season will be worse than Towns are now.
The only way to get decent crowds back is success.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline J.D. Raaz

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2011, 09:56:54 pm
Haven's average so far this year is, I believe, 904.

If you are using the RFL as your source they still haven't corrected their figure for our last home match against Workington and still have our attendance at 704.

To be very honest I'm quite pleased and grateful with the fans' support in a Season following last year's debacle and having the team starting on -9.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2011, 10:14:22 pm
Very few sides bring much support. Swinton fetched a few but lucky if there was 50 of them.

When you play the likes of Widnes or Leigh they always bring 200+. Not much chance of SL, new ground in disarray all adds to lack of interest

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2011, 10:16:54 pm
My figures come from the News and Star and are for League matches only.

If I,m wrong work them out for youself and if wrong put your correction on here.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2011, 04:04:19 pm
Funny thing is if we went to town in a sudden death final eliminator and the crowd was over 3500 which would be poss they would have a better average gate than us !!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2011, 05:06:15 pm
The most pleasing thing is that the BOD budgeted for gates of 500, and we have exceeded it, presumably giving them the extra funds to bring in King and Gerrard for a late season push ??

Shows the benefits of BOD budgeting and supporters supporting.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2011, 05:33:57 pm
the crowd for a derby we know from past exsperience we took around 4,000 to widnes and blackpool for finals imagine what we could take to town for a semi final lol it would be a great day out for all i hope it happens

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 23 Aug 2011, 05:39:38 pm
the crowd for a derby we know from past exsperience we took around 4,000 to widnes and blackpool for finals imagine what we could take to town for a semi final lol it would be a great day out for all i hope it happens
heres hoping this happens
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2011, 05:49:05 pm
heres hoping this happens

It would be biggest game around here for years could get a gate around 5k i reckon would be like a final

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2011, 05:58:08 pm
4700 from haven too :bow: :bow:
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Online spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2011, 06:03:55 pm
If it happens should be live sky match on the thursday

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 23 Aug 2011, 06:37:00 pm

no it really shouldnt be, enough people stay away from games already we want derby games to have a big crowd and putting it on the telly wouldnt help that

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 24 Aug 2011, 09:19:37 am
The attendances in this league are dreadful and you wonder how some clubs keep going sometimes. In the whole season their have only been 5 games with an attendance over 1,000 ! The games which have topped 4 figures are :-

Town v Haven    1,592
Haven v Town    1,523
Swinton v Keighley  1,326
Keighley v Swinton  1,099
Rochdale v Town  1,021

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 24 Aug 2011, 12:16:26 pm

no it really shouldnt be, enough people stay away from games already we want derby games to have a big crowd and putting it on the telly wouldnt help that

I second that! We do NOT want it on Sky! Why? Because people will not go because its on the TV. People will not go because it is a Thursday evening and finally because Sky give the clubs NO money to show games. The two clubs should tell Sky to P*** Off if it comes to that. Personally I think Town will finish second and beat Keighley to go straight to the Grand Final anyway.