HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

kicking

Offline petehaven

• Academy Signing
on: 01 Oct 2006, 04:42:58 pm
goal kicking seems to let us down when it matters most.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2006, 05:02:46 pm
STILL THE BEST PART TIME RUGBY LEAGUE SIDE IN EUROPE NOW WE CAN CONCENTRATE ON NEXT YEAR I BET AFTER OUR FIRST 6 GAMES MOST FOLK WOULD HAVE TOOK LOSING IN THE ELIMINATOR AS A GOOD SEASON WELL DONE HAVEN WELL DONE DR
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2006, 06:35:53 pm
it was not to be our day . but it has been a good season . and we give windies one hell of a fright

Offline Haven Baz

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2006, 07:58:38 pm
Great game, and  proud to be a Haven supporter after the display today, well done to everyone of the players and supporters today i'd say we made more noise than Widnes and helped the lads to a good display of rugby.
 Well done to the team and a big thanks to Dave Rotherham for a great first season which i know will help us to a 3rd GF next year.

Offline HavenFan123

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2006, 08:44:44 pm
and we give windies one hell of a fright
hehe yes we did. :D Anybody else think we have the best fitness in the division? We just never seem to tire!

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2006, 03:44:54 pm
We need a kicking coach or somebody of a good standard to help rudd because he is awful, or get a better kicker.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 02 Oct 2006, 04:38:51 pm
to be honest rudd is a very good kicker its just his first time hes really been under pressure when kicking but he will learn to adap the nothing wrong wid him if we didnt have him we wouldnt be in the position we have been this season

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 02 Oct 2006, 05:08:22 pm
Carl  Rudds  been  an  outstanding  kicker  for  us this  season.  Normally  he  would  have  back  heeled  over  Seeds's  and  Millers  tries  which  would  have  tied  the  game  up  and  sent  it  into  extra  time.

The  only  explanation  is  nerves  got  the  better  of  him  as  was  the  case  with  Nanyn  3  years  ago.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #8 on: 02 Oct 2006, 05:32:45 pm
cant agree with you more whitehaven rl forever,Rudd was and still is an outstanding player for the club,it came down to nerves in the end

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 02 Oct 2006, 05:38:35 pm
He didnt even kick all the time at Wath Brow when he was in the amateur game. We really do need to get it sorted out, its cost us a place in SL two years ago and yesterdays game.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 02 Oct 2006, 05:45:28 pm
We need a kicking coach or somebody of a good standard to help rudd because he is awful, or get a better kicker.

I think you will find yourself in the minority if you think Carl Rudd is an awful kicker, he has kicked them from all over the park all season.

TW

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 02 Oct 2006, 05:48:33 pm

I think you will find yourself in the minority if you think Carl Rudd is an awful kicker, he has kicked them from all over the park all season.

TW

The lad was jinxed as soon as he kicked the first conversion as Mr Cox started telling everyone what a great kicker he now was and how he had improved over the season, etc, etc.   Then at the end he was more or less blaming the lad for costing Haven the game which DR wouldn't subscribe to, I may add.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 02 Oct 2006, 06:04:29 pm
cant really have a go at Carl, he maybe should have kicked one just abit to right of the sticks but the other kicks wqere quiet hard!!
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 02 Oct 2006, 09:06:54 pm
He didnt even kick all the time at Wath Brow when he was in the amateur game.

Marc Jackson did!!!

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 03 Oct 2006, 01:39:15 pm
rudd has been outstanding for haven all season get him a kicking coach by all means as everybody still has something to learn
look at mick last year bang in front or a little to the side fine but out on the wings you would'nt put 50p on him kicking them.well 
this year he has kicked them from all over the park all carl needs is time and experience he's a good kicker now and could be
all time great with the right coaching and support well done to him and the other lads on a great performance again