HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

new stadium

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
on: 12 Oct 2011, 05:00:30 pm
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2011, 05:27:36 pm
I took the trouble to contact CBC about the decision to approve the stadium today, the decision is that the scheme for the stadium is passed and is passed ONLY for that stadium - no option for a developer to come up with a better scheme it has been passed for that stadium [1/2ish] and that stadium only - anything else would have to be a new application so all this bull about "..oh when it's passed we can get laddo from Leeds to come up with a new version - sorry but aint going to happen.." if you do not believe me please phone the planning officers yourself in the morning" I for one feel gutted.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2011, 06:05:03 pm
Anybody with any knowledge of how planning works knew that was a load of bull. Typical nonsense released by same old people knowing it would appease most brainless idiots who would condem those who opposed it

CC it aint even half a stadium!! It is less than a third capacity required to tick a box for SL, which was the whole point of the stadium in the first place
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2011, 06:06:22 pm
Anybody with any knowledge of how planning works knew that was a load of bull. Typical nonsense released by same old people knowing it would appease most brainless idiots who would condem those who opposed it

CC it aint even half a stadium!! It is less than a third capacity required to tick a box for SL, which was the whole point of the stadium in the first place

And less than half the size of the recre

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2011, 06:11:00 pm
why was tommy todd bothering himsell how big its going to be hes barely at matches
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2011, 06:14:54 pm
You will have to ask him choocy. Maybe agreived still after being shafted from his shares, or maybe he a concerned fan who wants to proactive in his opposition of a not fit for purpose stadium
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2011, 06:23:34 pm
I know its only gonna be half a stadium but at the end of the day look at super stadiums like leigh and widnes and certainly when we went to donny theres only ever  2 sides open tops which looks bad nowt worse than empty stadiums think weve just gotta accept its happening

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2011, 07:30:15 pm
Great nes IMO - not many sports clubs will be getting new stadiums for free in the next 15 years ...very good news for us and if a Cumbrian SL is ever possible we are half way to a decent facility to play at  ;)

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #8 on: 12 Oct 2011, 07:53:03 pm
Great nes IMO - not many sports clubs will be getting new stadiums for free in the next 15 years ...very good news for us and if a Cumbrian SL is ever possible we are half way to a decent facility to play at  ;)

1 thirtd of the way, which is well behind Fax, Leigh, Fev, Sheffield, doncaster, North Wales and Gateshead.

Town could probably be able to spend less than we would need to to bring derwent park upto standard

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #9 on: 12 Oct 2011, 07:56:04 pm

Town could probably be able to spend less than we would need to to bring derwent park upto standard
[/quote]
Are you drunk Jammy :D
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #10 on: 12 Oct 2011, 07:58:52 pm

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 12 Oct 2011, 08:00:14 pm
Theres only 3 sides to town ground and theyre all run down big time

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #12 on: 12 Oct 2011, 08:07:57 pm

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2011, 06:37:54 am
very good posts jammy but are the right people listening, i still think the main stand should be on the st bees side blocking out the through valley wind and the recre side acting as a wind shelter.

Offline Conrad Penguin

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2011, 07:12:03 am
very good posts jammy but are the right people listening, i still think the main stand should be on the st bees side blocking out the through valley wind and the recre side acting as a wind shelter.

Absolutely correctamondo GPO it will be bloody freezing 9 times out of ten.
Who ever you vote for Government wins.