HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

RFL UNVEIL CHAMPIONSHIP PLANS

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2011, 06:27:33 pm
We MUST get promoted this year then, if we get left behind in champ1 I fear for the future, also wouldn't surprise me if the RFL was to request that the Cumbrian teams merged to be promoted and then offered something that would help us kick on in championship to push for a superleague liscence... Hope not though, but like I said promotion is a MUST!!
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2011, 06:58:16 pm
There is nothing scary at all in this, certainly doesnt mean next year is a promotion or die campaign  ::)

Promotion and relegation will still continue

Admittedly the quality of the comp will be further lowered from the standard it is already but I for one am excited that finally we may see some new clubs in our sport, who will hopefully be allowed to grow organically and bring many more players, supporters and businessmen (and women) into our sport

We know we have a much more exciting sport than kick and clap but we need to be a national sport before the media will give us the recognition we deserve

Also this is more or less what i suggested to the RFL when they ran that poll last year some time
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2011, 07:02:56 pm by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2011, 07:14:45 pm
WHNews this Thursday ''Jammy Dodger Changes RFL Format In UK''

Local Rugby League expert Jammy Dodger has changed forever the format of Championship Rugby League in the British Isles by ..........

Well done Marra, your a star.  ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2011, 07:17:48 pm
WHNews this Thursday ''Jammy Dodger Changes RFL Format In UK''

Local Rugby League expert Jammy Dodger has changed forever the format of Championship Rugby League in the British Isles by ..........

Well done Marra, your a star.  ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D

:tip:

A couple more stone and i could even look like Nigel Wood  :-[

Although if there are 16 teams interested why not allow each of them to enter, say at 2 a year from 2015 so long as they meet entry criteria
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2011, 08:13:53 pm
 :D :D :D

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2011, 09:44:03 pm
If your 'haven fans' picture is included too Jammy, hope it doesn't frighten the children.   :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2011, 09:52:23 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2011, 10:33:32 pm
If your 'haven fans' picture is included too Jammy, hope it doesn't frighten the children.   :D :D :D :D

Im no internet warrior!! I attached a real picture of me whilst I was writing my RL Masterplan.....

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2011, 08:03:29 am

Im no internet warrior!! I attached a real picture of me whilst I was writing my RL Masterplan.....
:D :D :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2011, 09:38:15 am
If medway get in it will be an absolute joke, i lived in gillingham for 2 years, apart from being an absolute dump it took me 7 hours to get home on a friday night, What are the RFL smoking.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2011, 09:44:50 am
If medway get in it will be an absolute joke, i lived in gillingham for 2 years, apart from being an absolute dump it took me 7 hours to get home on a friday night, What are the RFL smoking.

Its no different to football having to travel that distance for a game. It shouldnt matter where a team is based so long as they have what it takes to add something to the competition

I take it Brow Lad that you would only want teams be able to enter if they were only a couple hours drive from your house?

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2011, 09:58:26 am
No, but for instance we dont go up and we have to travel their, overnight stay, bus, work commitments are rfl going to help with these expenses, i know we have to expand but why any more southern clubs, especially ones that Brow, Egremont, leigh Miner ect would put 60 points on , or are they going to be given pick as many aussies as you want and see were you get.

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 19 Oct 2011, 09:58:55 am
"Having harvested areas in the heartland, we need to grow the market to add value to our competition," Rimmer said.

Utter, utter rubbish. The only way to 'add value' to our competition is to reintroduce promotion and relegation to the elite division of the game.

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 19 Oct 2011, 10:01:54 am
No, but for instance we dont go up and we have to travel their, overnight stay, bus, work commitments are rfl going to help with these expenses, i know we have to expand but why any more southern clubs, especially ones that Brow, Egremont, leigh Miner ect would put 60 points on , or are they going to be given pick as many aussies as you want and see were you get.

As part of the new plans C1 clubs will have their travelling expenses paid but will receive a smaller annual lump sum than that of Championship clubs. It still won't make players want to travel to Coventry and Medway two weekends in a row.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #14 on: 19 Oct 2011, 10:11:15 am
Its all about developing and expanding the game of RL. We will never attract enough money to keep our better players if we don't expand.

Lets face it, money men live in the south and usually the South East at that. The area is the most populated area of the UK, has the eurostar among 3 of the UK's top Airports. I think that it would make sense to allow a team from that area to apply for admission to our leagues.

Brow, egremont, etc.. may indeed put 60 points currently on teams like Medway but they need time to grow and the coaching be put in place. You cannot knock people for trying ot get our game more national coverage