HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Look North in Town

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
on: 12 Mar 2012, 04:18:20 pm
Just been stopped in town, and asked my opinion on why the Town needs a Community Stadium. Apparently they have heard of ownership problems over the land, and the project is been further delayed. 

They won't be here on a whim, so sounds like further bad news could be on the way!!!!!

HW

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2012, 04:47:48 pm
Dear H.W., you well know my thoughts on the stadium but when you say "..you were stopped in town...." who exactly stopped you was it a survey or something, or was it just s friend who stopped you with a bit of crack?

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2012, 04:48:46 pm
A bloke and a woman with a Camera, wanting me to do something for TV.

HW

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2012, 04:49:01 pm
Sorry HW I see what you say by Look North sorry for the previous post - silly old man had a hard day today so a bit tired sorry again

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2012, 05:06:24 pm
The new stadium is crap. Half the amount could be spent on the rec and it would be miles better
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2012, 05:21:38 pm
The new stadium is crap. Half the amount could be spent on the rec and it would be miles better
:nod:
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2012, 05:24:11 pm
Would you invest in a stadium for a team that looks very like to be playing 'development area' sides in front of 2-300 people at best?

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2012, 06:40:13 pm
Well I hope the greedy miners are pleased with themselves there gonna screw the only good thing good that was gonna happen on our great Town. HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2012, 06:58:05 pm
Stadium fell through :-) we stay at the rec .....it may be a wreck but it's better than what we were getting IMO

Offline Conrad Penguin

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:00:02 pm
Well I hope the greedy miners are pleased with themselves there gonna screw the only good thing good that was gonna happen on our great Town. HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME

Sorry to be pedantic but if the crap stadium was gonna be " the only good thing thing" how can the Town be great?
  Please elaborate as at the moment I feel the town centre in particular is far from great.
Who ever you vote for Government wins.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:04:25 pm

Offline egremont

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:15:56 pm

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:19:23 pm
oh well no world cup for copeland. Let get the rec sorted.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:23:22 pm
The miners should be ashamed of themselves the way they have behaved over this,let's face it with out haven RL or this staduim they would be left with a rather large white elephant that no one wants.First they would not sign a long term lease only wanting 5 years so haven did,then with the staduim on the cards they wanted guarantees for a long term lease for the access road which the RFL did.Then they kept coming back wanting new change rooms built,New fencing put up,New drainge all at no cost to them and they were getting it,now the week they are due to sign they drop the bombshell "before we sign we want 750k as well".Well forget the staduim and if I were haven I would walk away look for a new ground and leave the miners thinking what they could have had.Who else is going to use the ground if we don't no one.No doubt our resident expert on these matters will be on saying how they have to get the best for miners etc etc.Maybe so but with it all falling through all they will have got is the remaining 3 years on havens 5 year lease,no long term lease for.access road,no new changerooms,drainage or fences etc.Well done you greedy idiots
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:26:55 pm
The miners should be ashamed of themselves the way they have behaved over this,let's face it with out haven RL or this staduim they would be left with a rather large white elephant that no one wants.First they would not sign a long term lease only wanting 5 years so haven did,then with the staduim on the cards they wanted guarantees for a long term lease for the access road which the RFL did.Then they kept coming back wanting new change rooms built,New fencing put up,New drainge all at no cost to them and they were getting it,now the week they are due to sign they drop the bombshell "before we sign we want 750k as well".Well forget the staduim and if I were haven I would walk away look for a new ground and leave the miners thinking what they could have had.Who else is going to use the ground if we don't no one.No doubt our resident expert on these matters will be on saying how they have to get the best for miners etc etc.Maybe so but with it all falling through all they will have got is the remaining 3 years on havens 5 year lease,no long term lease for.access road,no new changerooms,drainage or fences etc.Well done you greedy idiots

Funny that, becuase when the reds were trying to get the best for the reds we got called Luddites and worse.