HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Look North in Town

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:27:54 pm
The miners should be ashamed of themselves the way they have behaved over this,let's face it with out haven RL or this staduim they would be left with a rather large white elephant that no one wants.First they would not sign a long term lease only wanting 5 years so haven did,then with the staduim on the cards they wanted guarantees for a long term lease for the access road which the RFL did.Then they kept coming back wanting new change rooms built,New fencing put up,New drainge all at no cost to them and they were getting it,now the week they are due to sign they drop the bombshell "before we sign we want 750k as well".Well forget the staduim and if I were haven I would walk away look for a new ground and leave the miners thinking what they could have had.Who else is going to use the ground if we don't no one.No doubt our resident expert on these matters will be on saying how they have to get the best for miners etc etc.Maybe so but with it all falling through all they will have got is the remaining 3 years on havens 5 year lease,no long term lease for.access road,no new changerooms,drainage or fences etc.Well done you greedy idiots

You will find a vast majority of haven fans will be very pleased with this news.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:30:41 pm
heres hoping that ALL whitehaven fans now REFUSE to give the greedy baskets at the miners another penny on match days

use the club inside the ground!!! Screw them greedy gets  :witch: :witch:
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Online African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:33:30 pm
Well I hope the greedy miners are pleased with themselves there gonna screw the only good thing good that was gonna happen on our great Town. HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME

Sorry to be pedantic but if the crap stadium was gonna be " the only good thing thing" how can the Town be great?
  Please elaborate as at the moment I feel the town centre in particular is far from great.

And could get worse if Gamestation/Game goes into administration next week...
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2012, 07:36:14 pm by African exile »
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #18 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:45:16 pm
The miners should be ashamed of themselves the way they have behaved over this,let's face it with out haven RL or this staduim they would be left with a rather large white elephant that no one wants.First they would not sign a long term lease only wanting 5 years so haven did,then with the staduim on the cards they wanted guarantees for a long term lease for the access road which the RFL did.Then they kept coming back wanting new change rooms built,New fencing put up,New drainge all at no cost to them and they were getting it,now the week they are due to sign they drop the bombshell "before we sign we want 750k as well".Well forget the staduim and if I were haven I would walk away look for a new ground and leave the miners thinking what they could have had.Who else is going to use the ground if we don't no one.No doubt our resident expert on these matters will be on saying how they have to get the best for miners etc etc.Maybe so but with it all falling through all they will have got is the remaining 3 years on havens 5 year lease,no long term lease for.access road,no new changerooms,drainage or fences etc.Well done you greedy idiots

You will find a vast majority of haven fans will be very pleased with this news.
The bigger picture for the town is much  more important than the wishes of us haven fans.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll only get what you've always had.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:46:59 pm
If this is true then the 'Miners' should hang their greedy fat faces in shame. I hope that ****** little club of theirs goes out of Business. They are absolute crooks!

The same goes for Woodburn and her cronies.

Looks like it could be goodbye Haven.

Only in Copeland - maybe its time the 'local' MP got involved if he isnt too busy trying to position himself to be the next Health minister should Labour get elected next time around.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:49:17 pm
I for one will not be parking my car on there carpark anymore. We need to get in touch with all the other clubs and make sure that there fans know not to use there club for example 50p off a pint vouchers. Also get there buses to go up cycle path and park on football pitch car park
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 12 Mar 2012, 07:50:20 pm
just to clarify this is 750K just to sign the lease,then there is the yearly cost of the lease on top :o :o :o :o
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 12 Mar 2012, 08:08:19 pm

Who the **** do they think they are?????

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #23 on: 12 Mar 2012, 08:19:03 pm
Would you invest in a stadium for a team that looks very like to be playing 'development area' sides in front of 2-300 people at best?
Well.no one will sure as Hell.invest in a ground which is not owned by the rugby club. 
This is serious in terms of the future of our club, and more importantly the town

ca28

Reply #24 on: 12 Mar 2012, 08:39:43 pm
Am I right in assuming that it's not the miner's club in Whitehaven that are playing the game but some solicitors office in Newcastle who look after the miner's estates ?. I suppose the miners were one of the creditor's to the old club that went bust and this is there reaction.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #25 on: 12 Mar 2012, 08:42:39 pm
Am I right in assuming that it's not the miner's club in Whitehaven that are playing the game but some solicitors office in Newcastle who look after the miner's estates ?. I suppose the miners were one of the creditor's to the old club that went bust and this is there reaction.
They agreed to a 25 yr lease funded by RL recentley so why the bombshell now.  GREED

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 12 Mar 2012, 09:56:15 pm
Why don't have now look at building their own ground?
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline henbeckhill

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 12 Mar 2012, 10:22:05 pm
If Haven don't get out of this league this season I think Copeland Stadium could easily be a viable alternative if they want to leave the Rec over this disagreement.

Offline Conrad Penguin

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 12 Mar 2012, 10:51:12 pm
If Haven don't get out of this league this season I think Copeland Stadium could easily be a viable alternative if they want to leave the Rec over this disagreement.

If we dont get out of this league this season I think the pit field would be a viable option as the support will be virtually non existant.
Who ever you vote for Government wins.

Offline boldyno1

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 12 Mar 2012, 11:17:24 pm
Bye bye world cup, the one chance we had and we blow it.  Disagreceful behaviour by all if true.