HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Look North in Town

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #45 on: 13 Mar 2012, 01:34:26 pm
Ultimately the money has come from tax payers whether it was routed through the NDA, Sellafield, Britains Energy Coast or Copeland BC .......... all are funded from the public purse.

Offline branstymarra

• Academy Star
Reply #46 on: 13 Mar 2012, 02:21:15 pm
When will people realize that this council has been and still is a waste of space, although i have been a labour voter for 56 years i refused to vote this lot in so all you posters that complain about the council try to remember who you voted for at the last local elections.

Offline The wash

• Academy Signing
Reply #47 on: 13 Mar 2012, 03:57:17 pm

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #48 on: 13 Mar 2012, 04:24:28 pm
Dear Wash, could you tell me what the FA and the RFL are putting that money towards and can you give me a breakdown of that figure?

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #49 on: 13 Mar 2012, 04:36:12 pm
It really is about time the shackles came off and those responsible were held accountable. How would on go about calling a public meeting to discuss matters concerning the Stadium? Woodburn and Co. have gone very quiet - its about time they answered to the people they CLAIM to represent.

Just out of interest how was Woodburn elected as head of the Council? May I also add that she represents the people of Egremont not Whitehaven.

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #50 on: 13 Mar 2012, 05:19:55 pm
It really is about time the shackles came off and those responsible were held accountable. How would on go about calling a public meeting to discuss matters concerning the Stadium? Woodburn and Co. have gone very quiet - its about time they answered to the people they CLAIM to represent.

Just out of interest how was Woodburn elected as head of the Council? May I also add that she represents the people of Egremont not Whitehaven.
Dear Collier, I would think you could A] pre book say the marchon club perhaps best for a sturday morning, no booze allowed and a ten a.m. start. b] put an open letter in the W/news as to the date, put it on the forum, write to the club's chief executive. c] write a formal letter to Ms.Woodburn and every single councillor on the council, also send letters of invite to the full planning office, the legal office, the Miners committee, the RFl d] Draw up an agenda and also distribute.e] try and find a top table with a very good chairman. f] get a good sound system all sounds a bit daunting but it isn't if you think about it. Chances are the powers that be will not attend and I doubt that officers would not come out of office hours unless they were paid but they may just surprise us all. She was elected I think directly by the labour group on the council firstly as leader of the labour group and then one presumes secondly a leader of the council I don't think the two things are the same but they ammount to the same, technically I think it could be two people but generally not in practise.

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #51 on: 13 Mar 2012, 05:31:08 pm
It's about time there was a few new faces on the Council who had the Towns interests at heart.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #52 on: 13 Mar 2012, 06:14:58 pm
It's about time there was a few new faces on the Council who had the Towns interests at heart.

It's Copeland Council, not Whitehaven Council, so they need Copelands interest in heart, not just Whitehaven.

HW

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #53 on: 13 Mar 2012, 06:23:47 pm

Offline egremont

• Academy Star
Reply #54 on: 13 Mar 2012, 07:04:17 pm
council tax has gone up again - thanks cbc

more money out of my pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #55 on: 15 Mar 2012, 12:22:20 am
the wash none of this money is or was ever tax payers money!!

So where do you think the NMP/BEC money comes from? The NMP/BEC money comes from the taxpayer via the NDA and the CBC money comes from the council tax payers.  :nod:

Offline billybonzo

• Academy Signing
Reply #56 on: 15 Mar 2012, 11:38:10 am
Wrong again cran.cran - the mayor is simply on length of service. It is an honorary title. A Tory is in place right now - Mr. Jackson.
Alan Irving calling for resignations in Wh. News today - not much mention of the greedy miners just his usual anti Copeland, anti Whitehaven RL rubbish. He cannot be bothered to attend away games but pontificates every week in his laughable column.
Exactly what great ideas did Karl come up with and what/who on earth is Laddo the red is dead chap?

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #57 on: 15 Mar 2012, 01:12:08 pm
is it edward jesus christ caley knowles our ukip representative for windy corner and the prospect, residing in the former red flag now named after johnathon swift, author of a modest proposal and other well known books?

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #58 on: 15 Mar 2012, 04:38:14 pm
Wrong again cran.cran - the mayor is simply on length of service. It is an honorary title. A Tory is in place right now - Mr. Jackson.
Alan Irving calling for resignations in Wh. News today - not much mention of the greedy miners just his usual anti Copeland, anti Whitehaven RL rubbish. He cannot be bothered to attend away games but pontificates every week in his laughable column.
Exactly what great ideas did Karl come up with and what/who on earth is Laddo the red is dead chap?
Dear B/B did I mention the mayor at all? ? ?