HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Signings ?

XIII · 45 · 3666

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 14 May 2007, 07:45:26 pm
Over the last couple of years at about this time we have brought in "fresh blood " to boast the team i.e Tandy and Leafa.

What do people think this time round.  We usually make the signing on the back of gate receipts from a cup run i.e Wigan / Warrington etc this year we had Catalans although not as lucrative we probably still cleared 3000 /2 +1500 x ?10 = ?15000

This would be adequate enough money to bring in a quality signing for 5 months work.

We have had speculation of Tandy (now at KR) Mcnicholas, Alex Rowe and Joe Mbu ..not sure if this is indicative of the board actually looking or just speculation.  Bannister is a bonus at the moment but (a) only young (b) only hear for a month (c) bit much to expect a 19/20 year old to put in top notch performences fro 4 months if Stains would allow us to keep him for the season.

IMO Amother Prop would be the best signing i.e someone who can cause a bit of havoc when he runs at the line.

halifax look like they aare going to pick up Holroyd and Penny seems to be on his way to Widnes.  Not sure if there is anyone else at Donny we would really want.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 14 May 2007, 07:58:40 pm
one thing i cant understnad and we are the only club that do this is that our props or fowards do not run at the line they run sideways thats why we never make ground get it sorted

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 14 May 2007, 09:09:19 pm
because your more likely to get smashed and turned over if you run straight run on a slight angle harder to get smashed quicker play the balls watch cayless he is the best at it!

as for signings bannister on loan for the season would be ideal cant see it though

you look at players without clubs
wayne mcdonald
paul mcnicholas
joe mbu
alex rowe

one lad i wouldnt mind haven making an enquiry about is another young lad at saints who can play prop (once there injuries have cleared up) is paul clough

or what about tangata toa at hull kr

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 15 May 2007, 08:53:44 am
We need another Prop, full stop.

Must trust DR & the Board to find the right player.

popularsider

Reply #4 on: 15 May 2007, 06:25:43 pm
according to todays rl papers

alex rowe and joe mbu are set to sign for haven  :o

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 15 May 2007, 06:55:32 pm
according to todays rl papers

alex rowe and joe mbu are set to sign for haven  :o

is there a link for that info popularsider

and are they any good

but iv heard the mbu is going back to harlequins

if true why are we getting players that are not good enough and were in the team that got trounced by cas they wil not improve the have side

popularsider

Reply #6 on: 15 May 2007, 07:35:45 pm
its in todays rl paper called rugby league today or something like that you can buy it from morrisons

it says joe mbu and alex rowe are set to sign for haven and joel penny is off to widnes

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 15 May 2007, 08:31:03 pm
I heard Mbu to Quins, Penny to Widnes, Holroyd to Fax and Rowe wanted too much to come to Haven

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 15 May 2007, 08:45:29 pm
to be honest i dont want any player from donny only penny to play 6 at haven and put carl back to 13 but seriusly if they cant win games for donny and are gettin thrashed off teams ie cass then how could they improve our team, when donny came up here all there players for a full time outfit were shocking and would be discuted if we lower ourself to sighn lower class players when we have been on the end of getting some of the leagues best and some that would make it at sl given the chance

haven1985

Reply #9 on: 16 May 2007, 11:32:42 am
penny cant sign for widnes because MORAN is there quata player

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 16 May 2007, 04:39:06 pm
penny isn't a quota player anymore because of what has happend at Donny, he has been given a special dispensation to sign for another club even if there quota is full as he has lost his means of income and home etc, any contract he signs now he will be a non quota player for the duration of.

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 16 May 2007, 04:50:00 pm
go for him then imagine duffy at 7 penny at 6 then move rudd to 13 that would be awsome we would have the best in the league

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 16 May 2007, 04:51:12 pm
wouldn't have penny back the combination bewteen rudd and duffy is very good

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 16 May 2007, 05:00:51 pm
i dunno kind of had a soft spot for him when he played for us he was awsome could rip teams appart but he hasnt showed the same class he had when he was at halifax and donny but maybe if we did get him back he might start enjoying his rugby again worth a go imo when he comes up to the recre he always gives the fans summet to laugh about and smiles so yes i would take him back suppose he could play hooker too

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 17 May 2007, 07:58:57 am
Penny at 6
Duffy at 7
Aaron Smith at 9
Rudd at 13
Matty on Reps Bench

AWESOME