HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Next Four games make or break the season?

XIII · 16 · 1502

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
on: 25 Jun 2007, 05:21:30 pm
Next four games are Cas (a) Shef (h)  Wid (a) Halifax (a)

We have some how got to win at least two of those games.  I am a bit concerned about injuries building up.  We also have Widnes in the cup thrown into that run of games and they are all going to be bruising affairs.

A couple of signings could be crucial I think     

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2007, 06:14:22 pm
Why whats the injury sheet after The Fax game, Who is on the sheet anyway?

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2007, 06:37:17 pm
scott mcavoy is about 5 weeks away.
howard hill is about 3-4 weeks away ( from the man himself yesterday.)

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2007, 07:14:21 pm

Dr said they wont will be back to mid august which is 6 -7 weeks away

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

popularsider

Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2007, 07:48:11 pm
im only telling you what howard himself said yesterday in the bar

his exact words

i started training last week and ile be fit in 3-4 weeks.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 25 Jun 2007, 09:39:21 pm

I  saw  McCavoy in  the  gym  this  afternoon.  Lads  looking  fit.  Get  him  back  and  that  will  be  a  big plus

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2007, 12:09:57 pm

We have some how got to win at least two of those games.  I am a bit concerned about injuries building up.  We also have Widnes in the cup thrown into that run of games and they are all going to be bruising affairs.

cant see us picking up more than 3 points from these games and no silverware i'm afraid
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline magnerslad

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2007, 01:31:01 pm
Quote from: XIII on June 25, 2007, 05:21:30 PM

cant see us picking up more than 3 points from these games and no silverware i'm afraid

ARE YOU THE PUPPET MASTER OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM OR WHAT

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2007, 01:35:12 pm

6 points from those 4 games would be good, however we do it with one win and 3 bonus points or 2 wins

THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2007, 02:02:46 pm

not at all, i'm just giving my HONEST, non tinted glasses view on the next 4 games
i dont believe we are playing good enough rugby to go to castelford, widnes, or halifax and win, if we cant beat sheffield at home there is something wrong.

i would love to go to blackpool and win the NR Cup, but again i think widnes being full time will be too strong for us, though with it being a cup final, anything can happen on the day

being reallistic means i wont be p'ssed off when it all happens, but i will be extatic if i am wrong
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2007, 02:09:28 pm

not at all, i'm just giving my HONEST, non tinted glasses view on the next 4 games
i dont believe we are playing good enough rugby to go to castelford, widnes, or halifax and win, if we cant beat sheffield at home there is something wrong.

i would love to go to blackpool and win the NR Cup, but again i think widnes being full time will be too strong for us, though with it being a cup final, anything can happen on the day

being reallistic means i wont be p'ssed off when it all happens, but i will be extatic if i am wrong

think fletch and smith could be the key on sunday...give the lads a extra lift and a bit of spark

a win at fax or 3 bonus points from fax, cas and widnes would be a good gain...
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2007, 02:14:34 pm
think with if we play like we can aginst cas we might just get a win or a bonus point we will beat sheffield cant see us getting anything at widnes and i think we will beat fax so i think we will get 6 possibly 7 points from those games
haven till i die

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 26 Jun 2007, 03:36:33 pm
we need as many down at the away matches to cheer the lads on just as much as blackpool. ;)

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #13 on: 27 Jun 2007, 12:19:06 pm
I totally agree the more the better at all our games.
But if you think about it Blackpool, The Seaside, The Fun fair,  Middle of July, and all the other things I can not mention loll. Plus we can make a weekend of it. and maybe see Haven pick up some silver ware at last.  Thats got to be a crowd puller.

Would it be such a big ticket sales & good weekend if it was in Castleford for example, " Not slating Castlford" Just saying that Blackpool is a great attraction and having the final there is excellent, where else can offer this type of attraction for all the family and make a full day or weekend of it. I can not think of a better place for a final can you.

But your correct Marra we need bigger crowds, Lets hope a win at Blackpool or the thought of it will encourage a few more to all games. Just make me wonder how many supporters we could have if we were a SL team?

Anyway just hope every one enjoys it, and the run up to it, and hope you all have a great weekend & a safe journey!
  ;D

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 28 Jun 2007, 06:58:29 am
The Cas game this sunday lets hope its on theres more rain heading there way!!!