HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

responce from the coach & the team

Offline Rodderz

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
on: 16 Jul 2007, 11:38:45 pm
I think the fans deserve a responce from the coach and the team members regarding sundays performance. We have heard a lot of opinions from the fans.
Why dont both the coach and the players post us an explaination either on this forum or the official site.
If i dont do my job correctly i have to give an account as to why.
Are they not accountable to the fans who pay their WAGES ?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2007, 11:42:56 pm
Its been said on another thread and could they not do it face to face Q & A in the bar after the next home game ?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2007, 12:59:01 am
Its been said on another thread and could they not do it face to face Q & A in the bar after the next home game ?

not sure if a Q & A session after a match is quite the right thing, it could get heated and end with people from all sides of the coin saying things that perhaps they shouldn't

i do believe however a spokesperson for the players should post on here, not only an explanation as to what happened at blackpool, but also an explantaion about what is going on behind the scenes, and most importantly an apology to ALL the fans, not just those of us who went to blackpool, but also to those who, for whatever reason, couldn't get there
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2007, 04:09:10 am
Great idea

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2007, 07:47:15 am
It would just get coverd over on heer thats for sure.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2007, 02:54:00 pm
well you can believe this or not frankly i don't care but i have just spoken to a senior player (who i will not name no matter what)....and he said

rotherham gave them a game plan to beat widnes which the team thought would work, but they just kept dropping the ball and giving pens away

he said DR cant win just cause he is not the same character as cullen or mac and doesn't miggle well ..this does not make him a bad coach..in fact he went on to say he thought that he was a better coach then mac .also said DR would still be getting stick even if we had won

he also said bringing in a new coach would make no difference , the players need to get themselves out of this rut...
so this may only be 1 players view but i would take this to be as close to the truth as you would get

THE MULLET IS BACK

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2007, 03:00:08 pm
well you can believe this or not frankly i don't care but i have just spoken to a senior player (who i will not name no matter what)....and he said

rotherham gave them a game plan to beat widnes which the team thought would work, but they just kept dropping the ball and giving pens away

he said DR cant win just cause he is not the same character as cullen or mac and doesn't miggle well ..this does not make him a bad coach..in fact he went on to say he thought that he was a better coach then mac .also said DR would still be getting stick even if we had won

he also said bringing in a new coach would make no difference , the players need to get themselves out of this rut...
so this may only be 1 players view but i would take this to be as close to the truth as you would get

[
I have also heard different from a few players who tell a different story to that marra. Heres one, what about Gary Broadbent getting up and turning the TV and Video off for the crap DR was making them watch? and said what the hell do we need to see that again for?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2007, 03:13:40 pm

[
I have also heard different from a few players who tell a different story to that marra. Heres one, what about Gary Broadbent getting up and turning the TV and Video off for the crap DR was making them watch? and said what the hell do we need to see that again for?

so whos to blame there the coach or the player...i would say if the rest of the players are happy to watch it then he should shut up and be part of the team...obvious from sunday he did need to watch it again going by the performance

its clear DR and GB dont get on but im sure thats the case with  lots of players and coaches in rugby or football.....
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2007, 04:04:56 pm

[

is that not the normal thing to do? reviewing the game to see what the team did wrong and what to improve on? look for weaknesses in the opposition? GB should be proffesional enough to get on with it no doubt he and the rest of team will have been dissapointed but doing things like that arent going to help

thats if its true of course

haven till i die

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 17 Jul 2007, 04:13:29 pm
Thats why mac came to watch us play, he,s not daft.

Offline Haven Haven!

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:53:12 pm
So Everyone Who Has Been Saying How Much You All Dont Want Dave Here At Haven,,
Are You Going To Let Him No What You All Think?!

Vikki x

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #11 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:58:12 pm
I will, Dave your Pathetic as a coach, No game plan brain, No good at communication between you and the fans.

Can I ask one question, if you had lets say the fastest man in NL1 in your team, How would you use him. Heres what I would be doing if I had such a player, kicking the ball through, over, and down the field off play and let them chase it, but since we only got a winger that you seem to want to use as a forward, we will never know eh? Call yourself a coach. Make a better clown marra

Offline Javtee

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 17 Jul 2007, 07:16:23 pm
Theres definitely bad feeling between Broadbent & Rotherham.  I've just plucked up enough courage to watch a recording of the match.  Broadbent can clearly be seen calling him a F***ing D****head just before they go up the steps to collect their medals.  Anyone out there has a copy of the match then have a look.  Not exactly the right frame of mind to be in prior to a big final.  I thought the ref was poor but no worse than some of the others we've seen in NL1 this season.  The team weren't good enough, time for a long over due clear out.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 17 Jul 2007, 07:17:35 pm
If  something  isn't  done  soon  Broadbent  will  go.  Another  senior  player  to  fall  out  with  the  club

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 17 Jul 2007, 08:29:17 pm
Theres definitely bad feeling between Broadbent & Rotherham.  I've just plucked up enough courage to watch a recording of the match.  Broadbent can clearly be seen calling him a F***ing D****head just before they go up the steps to collect their medals.  Anyone out there has a copy of the match then have a look.  Not exactly the right frame of mind to be in prior to a big final.  I thought the ref was poor but no worse than some of the others we've seen in NL1 this season.  The team weren't good enough, time for a long over due clear out.
He was actually reacting to Dave telling him kids were not allowed on the pitch.  They were told before that under no circumstances are players kids to be allowed on the playing surface at the final whistle.  Dave told both Bull and Broadbent the same.  I think his mouthfull was aimed at the fact his kids were not allowed on the pitch. Nothing else