HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Player and coach have confounded the critics

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:08:41 pm
I thin DR and the playerS have truly put to bed rumours of unrEst over the last couple of games.  You do not defend as a team like they have at Widnes and Halifax if you are not united.  Both games produced heroic efforts in defence and if the players were not behind each other and the coach it juSt wouldn't have happened.

I think they all desreerve immence credit; it would have been very easy and I thought quite likely that the season would implode after the NR cup deafeat.  Instead we have put in our two best performences of the season strengthed the forward with the return of Hill and signing Baldwin. Plus Mcavoy is soon to be back

I think third is realistic now and hopefully another crack at Widnes in the playoff semi.  ...I would prefer Widnes as I just never fancy us at the Jungle.  We have been there three times in recent years and never come close.  Widnes at the Halton is possible for us to win.

Also beieve that DR will justifiably get a one year extension to his contract.  If we finish third and have also reached the NRC final the board would have to have  a bloody good candidate /reason  lined up to replace him because he can righly claim to be a success and have earned the right to stay.  Continuity is also a major positive in planning for the new season. 

WELL DONE TO ALL.

Offline hawkeye

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:19:29 pm
Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't share your positive views of the possible outcome of this season. If we all accept our annihilation in the Thomas the Tank Engine Cup Final and finishing third in the league as a success, then there is not much hope for the future. Yes, the last two games have been very encouraging, but we need to set our sights higher next season.

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:21:01 pm
rotherham wont get a new contract players have threatend to walk out if he gets a new deal

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:31:14 pm
I think he will get a new contract and I quite frankly don't buy this player power rubbish.  I think the fans cause most of the problems by making up rubbish.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:35:49 pm
The players get paid to play rugby not pick the coach.  The fact that the coach may not like them or they like him does'nt come into it.  Do what your paid to do and get on with it.  So far i think the coach and players deserve credit for where we are this year.  They have done it together.

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:52:41 pm
The players get paid to play rugby not pick the coach.  The fact that the coach may not like them or they like him does'nt come into it.  Do what your paid to do and get on with it.  So far i think the coach and players deserve credit for where we are this year.  They have done it together.

And the coach gets paid to pick the best team available which he doesn't do FACT. He don't like Sicey and Jacko and drops them because of this and it is nothing to do with Rugby.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:59:30 pm
The coach picks what in HIS opinion is the best team.  Look at the table and he aint done a bad job.  Everyone has their own ideas as to what the best team is but there is only one opinion the matters.  As for Sicey i reckon being dropped has improved his game.  Last few games he has been spot on. Both jacko and sice have played a part in 16 games this season.

popularsider

Reply #7 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:01:17 pm
carl sice wouldnt be in the team now if it wasnt for the fans getting at rotherham after the leigh game

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:03:55 pm
i did not start this thread to stir up the old rubbish about DR and players.  The point is we are doing very well and they alldeserve credit coach and players. 

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:08:06 pm
The coach picks what in HIS opinion is the best team.  Look at the table and he aint done a bad job.  Everyone has their own ideas as to what the best team is but there is only one opinion the matters.  As for Sicey i reckon being dropped has improved his game.  Last few games he has been spot on. Both jacko and sice have played a part in 16 games this season.

As a representive of the club you will try to cover this up but the fact is the coach drops players he doesn't like, this is a fact and you can deny it all you like but we the fans know it happens.
Just because you work for the club does not mean you know more than the rest of us fans, some of us are family of the players and we know what goes on as much as you like to deny it.

The only reason Sice got recalled was after DR got heckled off the fans after a game in the JJ bar.

Continue to deny it all you want we know the facts too.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:16:10 pm
Im just glad hill and soon macca to be back in the squad lets see what happens the rest of the season next season we have to set our goals at a high point.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:43:17 pm

As a representive of the club you will try to cover this up but the fact is the coach drops players he doesn't like, this is a fact and you can deny it all you like but we the fans know it happens.
Just because you work for the club does not mean you know more than the rest of us fans, some of us are family of the players and we know what goes on as much as you like to deny it.

The only reason Sice got recalled was after DR got heckled off the fans after a game in the JJ bar.

I post my own veiws marra nowt to do with the club.  But having spoken to some senior players myself and been told there is no rift in the camp then why should i not belive them.  It has been said on here many time 's that certain players are not happy being left out of the team.  Well  thats right they should not be happy sitting in the stand, but it is always said when they are left out.  No mention of Sicey matty, or anyone else being unhappy now they are back in the team.  I have never said i know more than anyone else about what happens. The coach picks what he sees as his best team.  Everyone on here has an opinion so that would make quite a few different teams.  The proof for me is the table doesnt lie.  If we were 3rd off bottom and not 3rd off the top then i would agree it would be time for a change.  As it is DR is the most successful coach after Steve Mac.  His record is around 75 -80 % wins.  Paul Cullen or Stan Martin dont come close to that.

Continue to deny it all you want we know the facts too.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:43:34 pm

And the coach gets paid to pick the best team available which he doesn't do FACT. He don't like Sicey and Jacko and drops them because of this and it is nothing to do with Rugby.

as i have posted in previous topics, i have no time for rotherham, however i think what you are saying is YOUR OPINION and not FACT

it is your opinion that sicey and jacko should be in the team, it is not a fact that they are the best players.

to say person A is better than person B is never a fact, it is merely an opinion.

i happen to agree with you in that i dont think he picks the best team, but thats up to him!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:57:51 pm
All I can say is that i think winning at Halifax was a fantastic result.  The whole team tackled as if their lives depended on it. 

Well done to DR and the team.

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 30 Jul 2007, 11:06:23 pm
rotherham wont get a new contract players have threatend to walk out if he gets a new deal

Haha load of bollocks, i think you will find they threatened to walk out if he goes.