HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Batley - your thoughts

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
on: 05 Aug 2007, 11:58:22 am
Well today is the day we will find out how much support we have lost since the Blackpool fracas. I in my opinion think today is a end it or mend game for Haven. If we have lost the crowd and the supporters I think thats it for Havens glorious 5 years of being the best of the part timers in NL1. If we have lost the support of the fans, That means . No Money, No players, No new ground.
As I have said before I would rather have the good players, than the good shiny new ground.  The ground can wait another 2 season's, were going no where in the near future! "Anyway I am straying of topic." So what happens today if the supporter's show they are unhappy. Where do we go from here? We will need some fantastic advertising campaign to get the supporters back to the club next season. I think the BOD are thinking they have lost a hell allot of us as they are giving away nearly 1000 seats to next Thursday's televised game. I just wonder how many of them seats have been taken up by the public?
Anyway today will tell if the fans have the faith in Mr Rotherham because he seems to me to be the main gripe of the Haven fans!
I hope I am wrong and it's chocker, I said I was staying away after the Blackers crap, But I am tempted to go down and show my support. To tell you the truth I want to go, but I also want to show I am not happy with certain aspects of the club.
So as the song goes " I just haven't got a clue, What to do?"

justonelilpoint

Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2007, 12:10:12 pm
200 family of 4  tickets have been  provided by COOP sponsors for every Televised game...the club are giving nothing away

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2007, 12:35:40 pm
Well today is the day we will find out how much support we have lost since the Blackpool fracas. I in my opinion think today is a end it or mend game for Haven. If we have lost the crowd and the supporters I think thats it for Havens glorious 5 years of being the best of the part timers in NL1. If we have lost the support of the fans, That means . No Money, No players, No new ground.
As I have said before I would rather have the good players, than the good shiny new ground.  The ground can wait another 2 season's, were going no where in the near future! "Anyway I am straying of topic." So what happens today if the supporter's show they are unhappy. Where do we go from here? We will need some fantastic advertising campaign to get the supporters back to the club next season. I think the BOD are thinking they have lost a hell allot of us as they are giving away nearly 1000 seats to next Thursday's televised game. I just wonder how many of them seats have been taken up by the public?
Anyway today will tell if the fans have the faith in Mr Rotherham because he seems to me to be the main gripe of the Haven fans!
I hope I am wrong and it's chocker, I said I was staying away after the Blackers crap, But I am tempted to go down and show my support. To tell you the truth I want to go, but I also want to show I am not happy with certain aspects of the club.

get yourself down there and show your support for the lads, are u goin on thursday ?
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:00:56 pm
1556 was the official attendance

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:06:04 pm
1556 was the official attendance

not bad considering what sport was on tele, batley fetch about 50, and another game on thursday
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven13

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:09:55 pm
what was the score today ??? good attendance

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:10:03 pm
good in defence poor in attack. need to step up a few gears on thurs. but i think we will. i would just like to say tht today also proved what a good player the bull is we didnt half miss him
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #7 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:10:46 pm
Whitehaven 24-14 Batley
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:14:18 pm
i agree with ya marra
good in defence poor in attack. need to step up a few gears on thurs. but i think we will. i would just like to say tht today also proved what a good player the bull is we didnt half miss him
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2007, 06:47:20 pm by kellshaven1 »

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:20:32 pm
not a bad attendance with the footie on also maybe the fact that even if we win the grand final we wont be in super league nocked a few off
haven till i die

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:32:20 pm
good crowd consedring the footy cough utd cough but poor peformance play like that on thursday we wil get hammered

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:40:43 pm
POOR TODAY NEED BIG IMPROVEMENT FOR THURSDAY + REF DID'NT HELP
DID'NT THINK MUCH OF BALDWIN JACKO CRAP AGAIN ;D ;D
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:32:00 pm

get yourself down there and show your support for the lads, are u goin on thursday ?

No never had the heart to go today, def not be going Thursday!

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:34:07 pm
200 family of 4  tickets have been  provided by COOP sponsors for every Televised game...the club are giving nothing away

I could have swore I saw in the Whitehaven news they were given 800 tickets away to the first to phone in for them, plus a extra 400 to schools, I must be going mads. No body else see this in the paper?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:46:25 pm
Great  effort.   ;D

Did  just  enough  which  is  all  you  need  to  do.  Another  3pts.  Wasn't  the  40+  some  expected but with bigger  fish  to  fry  on  Thursday  why  flog  your  guts  out  when it would be better  to  save  yourself.