HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

bamber going?

Guest · 47 · 6387

havenfan in hull

on: 29 May 2007, 02:52:28 pm
i heard he wont sign new contract. is someone after him or we just stupid enough to let him go? anyone know the crack??

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 29 May 2007, 02:56:13 pm
bamber wont sign the contract because he is sick of playing u21 rugby he wants to play 1st team rugby and he has shown he can it seems town want to take him on loan now and he wants to go but haven arnt willing to let him go

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 29 May 2007, 04:50:18 pm
i heard he wont sign new contract. is someone after him or we just stupid enough to let him go? anyone know the crack??

Bamber will be leaving the club at the end of season and joining Town for free.
Once again we let a excellent prospect leave the club, also heard a few more under 21s are set for leaving to, this from 1 of their fathers so its reliable.

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 29 May 2007, 04:59:26 pm
bamber wont sign the contract because he is sick of playing u21 rugby he wants to play 1st team rugby and he has shown he can it seems town want to take him on loan now and he wants to go but haven arnt willing to let him go
Bamber is a good prospect, but there's no way he warrants a first team place ahead of the likes of Duffy, Rudd and Leroy. My opinion is that he should put the dummy back in and wait for an opportunity, rather than go for the quick-fix option.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 29 May 2007, 05:05:53 pm
Bamber is a good prospect, but there's no way he warrants a first team place ahead of the likes of Duffy, Rudd and Leroy. My opinion is that he should put the dummy back in and wait for an opportunity, rather than go for the quick-fix option.

Bull sh1t.....
He only spat the dummy as he got overlooked for the fax game. Every one in the crowd knew Duffy was still half shot from the night before at Madens wedding.
The opportunity was there for him to get a game but the coach picked a half shot player ahead of him, so come on when should he be given an opportunity.

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 29 May 2007, 05:12:49 pm
Bull sh1t.....
He only spat the dummy as he got overlooked for the fax game. Every one in the crowd knew Duffy was still half shot from the night before at Madens wedding.
The opportunity was there for him to get a game but the coach picked a half shot player ahead of him, so come on when should he be given an opportunity.
I wasn't at the Halifax match, so I can't say whether or not Duffy was hung over. Either way, Rotherham's the one being paid to pick the squad, and there must've been a reason he left Bamber out. Probably because he's not good enough yet to play a team of Halifax's quality. Remember, we can't afford to take risks in this league this season.

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 29 May 2007, 05:17:50 pm
Bull sh1t.....
I wasn't at the Halifax match, so I can't say whether or not Duffy was hung over. Either way, Rotherham's the one being paid to pick the squad, and there must've been a reason he left Bamber out. Probably because he's not good enough yet to play a team of Halifax's quality. Remember, we can't afford to take risks in this league this season.

Seem to remember he did rather well against Fax earlier in the seaon and set up a few tries including a classic off load for Fletch to score and was unlucky not to get M.O.M in that game.
So he has proved he can play teams of that quality  http://www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/Players/Video/Play.aspx?id=73
« Last Edit: 29 May 2007, 05:32:05 pm by haven marra »

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 29 May 2007, 06:15:26 pm
Well he's in the 20 man squad for Thursday and even if he went at the end of the season he wouldn't be able to go for free because he is Under 21

popularsider

Reply #8 on: 29 May 2007, 07:44:56 pm
town want him now on loan but haven are not willing to let him go

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 29 May 2007, 08:10:18 pm
he should grow up and realise he is not realistically going to be picked for the first team when we have better more experienced players than how old is he 19? he should just wait hes time and in a fgew years he will be more experienced and will probably be our first choice 7
haven till i die

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 29 May 2007, 08:45:40 pm
he should grow up and realise he is not realistically going to be picked for the first team when we have better more experienced players than how old is he 19? he should just wait hes time and in a fgew years he will be more experienced and will probably be our first choice 7

So by your reckoning Bannister, Macavoy (when fit) should not be selected as there are more experienced players in their positions.

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 30 May 2007, 10:14:50 am
Exactly. We can't afford to take risks in this league, and we need as near to our best team on the field week in, week out.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 30 May 2007, 11:51:14 am

So by your reckoning Bannister, Macavoy (when fit) should not be selected as there are more experienced players in their positions.

i didnt just say more experienced i said BETTER players aswel mcavoy is our best centre easily and why bring bannister in on a month loan and not play him? duffy and rudd are still miles ahead of bamber but if he sticks in at haven he will eventually be first choice
haven till i die

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 30 May 2007, 03:41:22 pm
says in tonights paper that town are having talks with a halfback who has nl1 experience about a loan deal and hope to get it sorted by sunday. is this bamber they are on about?
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 30 May 2007, 04:41:35 pm
says in tonights paper that town are having talks with a halfback who has nl1 experience about a loan deal and hope to get it sorted by sunday. is this bamber they are on about?
Haven won't let Bamber go on loan to Town.
He asked and was told he could not go.