HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

No Passion, No Idea

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 25 Feb 2007, 09:18:06 pm
Where do i start?

We should be running over the top of teams like Barrow but yet again our inadequacies at half back were shown up again. I really do think its time Leroy Joe said goodbye, yes hes been a good servant but on his recent performances he hasn't got what it takes to play for Havens U21 team never mind a team that is supposedly pushing for promotion. As i have said in previous threads i expect us to really struggle this season unless action is taken now.

The players are starting to look like they frankly dont give a *%^&, with their cushy little jobs at Sellafield  and coach who doesn't seem to have a good old fashioned rollicking in him. They should remember the fans who slog their guts out all week and pay the wages (and good ones at that) to run around a field for 80 minutes. They need a good kick up the backside.

We looked bereft of any ideas today and uninterested. If the current trend continues then expect a few heavy defeats this season, plummeting attendances and the slow slide into oblivion that will no doubt ensue.

We need a stand off end of story, are Rotherham and the board blind, stupid or both. Even the most unknowledgable RL fan in the world can see it plain and simple but through either misguided loyalty or inability to attract players they dont seem to have any answer whatsoever.

Instead of wittering on about ground improvements we should concentrate on whats happening on the pitch.

Rotherham sort it out or *&^$ off back down to St Helens.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2007, 09:20:36 pm
i thort u was ill reg and not gonna post lol yer they were bad today but id say theyl come right reg so not to worrie just yet :D

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2007, 01:16:27 am
Reg

I didn't read your post.

I'm sorry.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2007, 11:33:46 am
Where do i start?

We should be running over the top of teams like Barrow but yet again our inadequacies at half back were shown up again. I really do think its time Leroy Joe said goodbye, yes hes been a good servant but on his recent performances he hasn't got what it takes to play for Havens U21 team never mind a team that is supposedly pushing for promotion. As i have said in previous threads i expect us to really struggle this season unless action is taken now.

The players are starting to look like they frankly dont give a *%^&, with their cushy little jobs at Sellafield  and coach who doesn't seem to have a good old fashioned rollicking in him. They should remember the fans who slog their guts out all week and pay the wages (and good ones at that) to run around a field for 80 minutes. They need a good kick up the backside.

We looked bereft of any ideas today and uninterested. If the current trend continues then expect a few heavy defeats this season, plummeting attendances and the slow slide into oblivion that will no doubt ensue.

We need a stand off end of story, are Rotherham and the board blind, stupid or both. Even the most unknowledgable RL fan in the world can see it plain and simple but through either misguided loyalty or inability to attract players they dont seem to have any answer whatsoever.

Instead of wittering on about ground improvements we should concentrate on whats happening on the pitch.

i agree with some of your points reg we do need a fast stand off with some creativity and if we continue on like we are then we are looking at a long hard season but as i said in another post at least DR trying new stuff in the NRC against 'lesser' oposition ( no disrespect to any of the teams we are playing ) and not in the league season where we cant afford to experiment but nobody is "wittering on about ground improvement" we need to improve the ground or there is no point in having a good team and winning the final because we will still be in NL1 the season after we have had a strong team for the last couple of seasons and can build on that with new signing and bringing through the young players from the academy and scolarship programme ( we just need to start signing the best players around whitehaven which in some cases we haven't IMO) but yes we definatley need 2 improve and quickly get our injured players back and start picking the best players such as sicey
haven till i die

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2007, 01:08:55 pm
Regarding Stand-Off, would definately have a look at Maxime Greseque from Pia.

Worth bringing him over on say a 2 week trial, especially as French season is nearly over.

Guy is fast, elusive and an amazing kicker, both in play, conversions and can hit drop-goals - no dig intended Rudd.

havenchamps2005

Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2007, 01:28:10 pm
yes he's that good he couldnt get in a struggling wakefield side  ::) ::)

all he does is kick goals he showed that when he played for fev good kicker brings nothing else to the team

if haven want a stand off tommy lee from hull loan deal

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2007, 02:00:08 pm
Tommy Lee is unproven and isn't worth the risk IMO we need someone who has experience and he doesn't have it. As far as im concerned Ruud at 6 and Duffy at 7 will be a great half back pair for this season. we missed sicey and his breaks yesterday he should be in the team over Matty he's simply a better player.

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 26 Feb 2007, 04:31:32 pm
we really missed sice and duffy yesterday simple as! sice is a player who could of won us that game yesterday.it goes to show that without a couple of key players we struggle.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2007, 05:15:47 pm
Where do i start?

REG here we are 3 games into the new season and yet again you slagging the club off i do not know why you support whitehaven rlfc

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 27 Feb 2007, 10:40:34 pm
I  think  there  is  passion  but  on  Sunday  we  lacked  idea's.  We  gifted  them  2  silly  tries  in  the  2nd  half.  1  we  looked  like  scoring  before  they  intercepted..  We  hammered  away  at  their  line  enough  but  just  couldn't  cross  it  enough  to  win  the  game.

As  said  its  only  3  games  and  if  memory  serves  me  right  weren't  we  in  a  similar  situation  last  year.  Lets  keep  the  faith.

havenchamps2005

Reply #10 on: 27 Feb 2007, 10:59:40 pm
this time last season we had played 3 won 3
this season we have played 3 won 2 drew 1

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 28 Feb 2007, 01:26:27 am
what we lacked against barra was fitess very very poor

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 28 Feb 2007, 02:01:14 am
what we have lacked since february 2006 is the ability to tackle and defend, we conceed far too many points

what we had in february 2004- september 2005 was the ability to tackle and defend, we conceded very few points

what  changed between september 2005 and february 2006? ???

answers on the back of a postcard! ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

havenchamps2005

Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2007, 10:58:55 am
steve mack was the type of coach who worked on defence
dave r likes working on attack

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #14 on: 28 Feb 2007, 06:38:17 pm
Tommy Lee is unproven and isn't worth the risk IMO we need someone who has experience and he doesn't have it. As far as im concerned Ruud at 6 and Duffy at 7 will be a great half back pair for this season. we missed sicey and his breaks yesterday he should be in the team over Matty he's simply a better player.
I agree with you Ryan as theres nothing wrong with Rudd & Duffy we did miss sicey as he is the one that puts the ball over the line and duffy as he makes plays.

Lets make some noise at the rec on sunday !!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
CUM ON OUR LADS !!!!!!!!! 8) 8)