HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Stokes suspended

Guest · 11 · 1649

Tommy43

on: 03 Apr 2007, 11:41:41 am
Town have suspended Stokes pending internal investigation as a result of alleged incident with a Barrow supporter at recent match

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2007, 12:23:02 pm
Taken from the Town Official Website....
"WORKINGTON TOWN coach Ged Stokes was last night suspended as the club launched an inquiry by the club  into an alleged incident with a Barrow fan after that took place after his team?s game against Barrow Raiders at Derwent Park on February 18.

A statement, issued by the club this morning, read: ?Following certain allegations, the club is to hold an internal investigation. Until this investigation is completed, Ged Stokes will be suspended, allowing a thorough investigation to take place.

?Suspension is a neutral step to facilitate the investigation. There will be no further comment until the club has completed its findings.
?In the interim, assistant coaches Les Ashe and Craig Barker will take control of team affairs.?

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2007, 03:03:30 pm
Looks  like  there  just  wanting  an  excuse  to  get  shot of  him.

Offline teare1979

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2007, 04:27:23 pm
Talking to a town player today and he seems to think they are looking for an excuse. 

But Stokes likes to go in a roid rage now and again so maybe hes upset some1. 

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2007, 06:18:23 pm
oops bye bye stokes ;D

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2007, 10:10:38 pm
Can  Town  afford  to  sack  him ??  Looks  to  me  there  looking  for  an  excuse.  No  doubt  Ged  will  have  a  decent  solicitor :D

Offline womble

• Academy Star
  • Shabba!
Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 2007, 11:27:04 pm
 Sounds as though it may be a breach of contract or a gross misconduct matter to me, sounds sackable if hes found to be guilty ! Also sounds as though there may be some bitterness and resentment at lack of backing if he is found to have no case to answer.
   Either way people are going to end up unhappy !!
No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don`t care !

Monte2carlo

Reply #7 on: 03 Apr 2007, 11:27:18 pm
We will have to offer our support to the greatest ever town coah by stagging protests outside castle greyskull and getting T sirts printed similar to the Deadrie Rashid ones off Cornanation Street.

Monte

haven1985

Reply #8 on: 04 Apr 2007, 09:27:49 am
ive heard it wud cost 12-15 grand to sack stokes. maybe after the cas game when they get a lal bit more money then i think stokesy is on his way out of donkey park.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 04 Apr 2007, 03:05:36 pm
i thik has to leave town his 5 year plan was utter garbage he says town play well when they play crap and vise versa some1 like bobby goulding would do well for town but stuff who they get we are better wooooo

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 05 Apr 2007, 07:20:48 am
We will have to offer our support to the greatest ever town coah by stagging protests outside castle greyskull and getting T sirts printed similar to the Deadrie Rashid ones off Cornanation Street.

Monte

I'm with you monte!!
lets get the sun involved, like they did with dreardrie!!

perhaps Scrumpy Jack will donate liquid refreshments?

if i bring a tape deck, will you fetch your "Stokess Greatest Hits" tape?

we can get everyone singing, "I've got a brand new combine harvester, and i'll give you the key" whenever dave bowden pops his head over the greyskull turrets!!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good